Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #146,392  
oh happy days, they turned off the alligator alarm. Going to make my life a lot simpler.

Doug, that flooding is serious, be careful. No more drive through car washes.

I'm usually asleep by now but someone from church called me to talk about alligators.
Now I'm wide awake again. Oh well, might go watch some car repair you tube videos.
Currently my favorite is Rainman, as he works on a wide variety of cars. I've never been much of a mechanic
but fun to see a good one diagnose a modern car. All those codes...he has a fancy Snap On code reader and just about every other neat tool.
I think of Kyle and RNG and others who still venture where most of us fear to tread.

Would be nice if fancy infotainment systems on modern cars would have a place for diagnostics and show the fault codes right up on the screen.

/ Good morning!!!! #146,393  
Roy it was copy and paste one post back this meteorologist knows his stuff from down Dons way. Post number 146347

/ Good morning!!!! #146,394  
Alien prayer for you folks and your brother

/ Good morning!!!! #146,396  
Kyle I have to wonder how they bent the rods.
in law trying to use it as a dozer...
We are flooded in. Local village submerged just like the 2011 floods. Some lives lost in flood. No power. Up at 2.30 in a break in the rain to drag generator out and set up so we can have the fridges/freezers going. I took a sim card out of my trail cam and put it in a dongle so we could get internet and news. Practically all roads in our region are closed due to flooding.
Might have to drain the ZT mower to get petrol the way it's going. Only had about 4 litres in a container but it will go for a few hours. Doubt I will be on for a few days. Too much happening. Pouring down again now. Lucky to get that break.
Prayers for rain to stop there, and for your family to get out of Ukraine.

Prayers for Ukraine. Prayers for peace.

another Russian Oil tanker pulled into Houston port to offload today. IIRC he said it was called Oracle. This is where the sanctions should start.

/ Good morning!!!! #146,398  
Good evening all. 19ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Light wind day, sky became mostly clear, and high temp was 36ºF, DP 16ºF. Clean ashes and restoke the insert, more left from fire than normal, wife closed draft when she was up. Potential cleaning lady was coming by so some puttering had a cleaning, straightening aspect to it . Still on stationary trainer, an no nap today because cleaning lad kept moving time :( Prayers for Ukraine situation.
Roy Hope your snow blower works for you.
Dennis hope you don't get too much ice.
David up late?
Bill think she got it?
Buppies yes getting older is great ;)
Bird did not get above 40 here.
Roy good to wife is getting around better, hope you can still do some work from hope.
Billy just pretend it is a hike to help you get through the trips to the porch. Glad you got your diesel
Oosik good to hear from you, kinda cool up your way
Buppies hope you don't float away
Thomas good to hear you you only have snow work on the agenda
Paul glad trip went well, hope Emily's vet appt goes well.
Drew sorry to hear about your ice.
Ken sorry about ice hurting the trees. nice pics
Drew sorry about losing your guns. Probably will shoot better with practice :)
Roy enjoy your snow.
Randy, I also enjoyed Woody woodpecker, Flintstones, Snagglepuss lion.
Buppies I have the same vision :(
Rich glad you did not get any ice. Part of the fun of retiement is find what you want to do.
RNG nice to have neighbor with a backhoe.
Chris Glad you got power back so quick.
PJ glad trip went well, you got back with minimum difficulty.
Dennis good to hear not too much ice. Ice pain the but, especially during falls :( interesting editorial
Drew good advice
David hope caretaker goes well.
Buppies not good news
David neat pics I'm sure cat reminds you how bas it has it.
Mike(Mtsoxfan) welcome to Gm thread. sorry about the pitch.
Ted sorry about no ribeye, pot roast all gone here :) glad waxing went well
Dftodd hope the class is tolerable .
Doug hope you get power back soon. Don't get car flooded again, flooding is impressive hope people don't get caught.
Doug will be prating for brother
RS nice pic, natives look a bit restless.
Billy not every day was to be a big firewood day.
Roy that should be plenty of snow
Drew nice pic hope you get ice under control around house.
Dennis hope ice was melting fast with 60ºF temp.
Doug thanks for video.
Kyle thanks for the response.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, /mom recovery, living alone, Bird/aging issues/, Don/knee recovery, /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's FIL death /new cancer surgeries /cataract surgery, Roy/ palpitations, /angina, Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel /divorce, Buppies/surgery infection / wife head wound healing, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery/retirement, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes /rib /brother leaving Ukraine, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery follow up, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues /dog seizure, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis/ brother "alligallyitus" and improving, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #146,399  
Where's TxDon?

Eric, maybe stainless steel for fence post? Did you get the super duper pressure sensing altimeter working? Maybe it could sense the pressure difference of a new baby lamb breathing, to tell you another had dropped.

Loved the koala pic in the tree, but I did feel sorry for it. At least it knows to stay high.

The temp delta here has been very flat on the graph since Wednesday. But we broke a remarkable record from Tuesday to Wednesday with the largest temp drop delta recorded in 24 hours here. I want to say it was 56°F lower than Tuesday. From 89F to 33F. Previous record was like 54 degrees.

Been burning firewood at an high rate. (My fireplace is inefficient) Need to take son out to the woodpile behind the barn....and get him to help split and stack some more.

Hope no one here needs a neurology appointment. My friend who had alligators keep him hospitalized for 40 days, wants one, and the soonest he could get was May. They said they are inundated with brain fog and worse patients since alligators came out of the bayou.

I was given 4 tix to the Texas A&M baseball game tomorrow, but with 75% chance of rain, a high of 41F, and fairly windy, I might pass. They are playing University of Pennsylvania.

Supposed to warm up into 50's Sunday. I'm ready.

I'm quite an avid reader of WWI and WWII history, and knowing some of the history of Ukraine's last 120 years, I'm really upset about all this. I mean, if you know even 20% of the background in the last decade, and also going back to the last nuclear treaty, you would maybe be upset at the situation like me. It really is sad/pathetic and angering. Ukraine has vast mining and mineral deposits, and some of the most fertile agricultural soils in the world. I'm trying to figure out if Putin has small man syndrome, or if he really thinks he can just take advantage of the situation.....and that warning he gave us is something our country needs to keep at the forefront of our memories.

Prayers for our team, for the sick, our country, and for peace in the world.

but not for whirled peas.

/ Good morning!!!! #146,400  
The muzzle velocity with the .22 cal is 830 fps.... still pretty strong. I like the .22 for varmit hunting, hits them pretty hard. I like to use the 'superpoint' pellets, definitely more accurate. Here's a pic of the two....

View attachment 735028
There is quite a difference between the two.

Nice! Would love to shoot it.