going to the dark side welder

/ going to the dark side welder #31  
Although technically correct, one must keep in mind Steve came from a high salaried working environment and I on the other hand, work cheap. :D

but you only work for yourself (at that cheap rate) right?

/ going to the dark side welder #32  
   / going to the dark side welder #33  
I can find those big machines all the time. What I cant find is one I can tote in one hand. If I just wanted a dc only machine, I would have already found one.

It's too bad you don't have a walk-out basement - can stuff any size welder in that way and just wire it up and leave it there.

My place is a walk-out and I've welded in the basement a few times. I found the welding smell still went upstairs though. Not that I care - no lady here to complain :D

My shop is always heated now though so I just do everything out there.

/ going to the dark side welder #34  
but you only work for yourself (at that cheap rate) right?

It's irrelevant as no one will hire me anyways.
Maybe me... if I find one of those beauties for $800. I better look at my garage extension plan and add a few more square feet for a few finds like that. Wife always loves Victoria... I will bring a beast up on the Black Ball and leave it with you Terry since your rates are so good! :D

/ going to the dark side welder #35  
Maybe me... if I find one of those beauties for $800. I better look at my garage extension plan and add a few more square feet for a few finds like that. Wife always loves Victoria... I will bring a beast up on the Black Ball and leave it with you Terry since your rates are so good! :D

$800 Cdn =====UNDER $600 USD.

See you soon Mark. (Call first)

/ going to the dark side welder
It's too bad you don't have a walk-out basement - can stuff any size welder in that way and just wire it up and leave it there.

My place is a walk-out and I've welded in the basement a few times. I found the welding smell still went upstairs though. Not that I care - no lady here to complain :D

My shop is always heated now though so I just do everything out there.

I can drive a atv into my basement and turn it around and drive out. Power panel is right there handy on the wall. Getting a big welder in there and hooking it up isnt the issue. My wife has a sensitive nose, I can open a can of beanie weenies in the basement and she will holler down and ask what I'm eating. Heaven forbid if I let out a fart. My house is for sale so I dont want the hassle of having to move a big welder and try to store it while I build a new house. My new house wont have a basement. While building, I probably wont have a shop to put any of my tools in. My new shop plans will allow for a lot more space to tinker and build, and maybe add a few more tools, I really want a mill. Until the new shop is built, and you already know which building my wife is going to consider the priority, my tools will probably remain in storage. I need a small welder I can put in the trunk of my car and carry to the farm and do minor repairs with. Those older, big frame welders just aint pick up and carry friendly.

/ going to the dark side welder #37  
I can drive a atv into my basement and turn it around and drive out. Power panel is right there handy on the wall. Getting a big welder in there and hooking it up isnt the issue. My wife has a sensitive nose, I can open a can of beanie weenies in the basement and she will holler down and ask what I'm eating. Heaven forbid if I let out a fart. My house is for sale so I dont want the hassle of having to move a big welder and try to store it while I build a new house. My new house wont have a basement. While building, I probably wont have a shop to put any of my tools in. My new shop plans will allow for a lot more space to tinker and build, and maybe add a few more tools, I really want a mill. Until the new shop is built, and you already know which building my wife is going to consider the priority, my tools will probably remain in storage. I need a small welder I can put in the trunk of my car and carry to the farm and do minor repairs with. Those older, big frame welders just aint pick up and carry friendly.
But, but, but honey I need the shop to build the house!

/ going to the dark side welder
Actually going to semi try to build both at the same time. Plans are to pour pad for the shop and put up a open shed. We will park a camper under the shed to live in while we build the house. Once the house is finished, I will already have the floor and roof for the shop, and just have to close it in. That will give me someplace to put some of my heavy tools so i dont have to move them 2 or 3 times.