going to the dark side welder

/ going to the dark side welder
The lincoln sqwave would certainly fill my needs. Mostly because of its size and weight. On 120v it gets down low enough for thin stainless and high enough for thin wall tube aluminum. It goes up to 200amp on 220v which is almost as much as my big idealarc 250/250machine in the shop. There are a few other machine out there that will fill my needs as well. Its that $1400 price tag I dont like. For a basement dwelling machine that would be used to do small tasks, that is just a little more than I am willing to spend. I plan on watching Craigs list, ebay and the local Iwanta papers for a while and see if something shows up for about half price. I dont have to have one, its more of a convenience and I want one than anything else.

/ going to the dark side welder #23  
The Everlast Powertig 200dv is a little less expensive. AC/DC tig and stick. Pulse, arc force.... I did some 6013 on some 3/8" plate and got a few not embarrassing runs. I have played with the tig on steel and aluminum. Welder is better than me.

I am not to prejudiced about welding machines. Some are better than others I will agree. I think that whatever brand I end up with will just depend on what I can find in the used market.

/ going to the dark side welder #26  
I am not to prejudiced about welding machines. Some are better than others I will agree. I think that whatever brand I end up with will just depend on what I can find in the used market.

Keep looking, Bill. There ARE deals out there.

I found this a few years ago. Just needed 'cleaning up' and I built a stand for it. $850.

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7983.JPG

Terry

/ going to the dark side welder #28  
From the looks of Cyberweld's pricing on current version, about $5,000 worth :D

/ going to the dark side welder #29  
From the looks of Cyberweld's pricing on current version, about $5,000 worth :D

Although technically correct, one must keep in mind Steve came from a high salaried working environment and I on the other hand, work cheap. :D

I can find those big machines all the time. What I cant find is one I can tote in one hand. If I just wanted a dc only machine, I would have already found one.