GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #41  
with actual service manual not only will you be able to answer posts here on your particular model...but you will be well versed to reply to other GC owners.

Are they STILL calling for a 50 hour change on the hydraulic fluid?

I thought someone said, they were finally following other makers and getting away from that.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #42  

I thought someone said, they were finally following other makers and getting away from that.
manuals not in front of me so cannot honestly answer the question, but IIRC that 50 hr change was ONLY for the first and after that is 100 hours.
however take that with big old grain of salt, manuals not in front of me.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #43  
manuals not in front of me so cannot honestly answer the question, but IIRC that 50 hr change was ONLY for the first and after that is 100 hours.
however take that with big old grain of salt, manuals not in front of me.

It's probably the same as mine, transmission is 200hrs.

The 50hr is only to clean up the mess they left behind when they assembled it.

If they would just clean things properly, before they assemble it, it's unnecessary.

That's why some manufacturers are eliminating it. Waste of money, waste of oil.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #44  
did not get chance to look at manuals (man the older you get the faster life comes at you LOL ) but I think you are correct on the 200hr hydro stuff. engine oil on a much more stringent schedule and w/o looking at manuals I tend to base crap off that schedule.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #45  

the manual I got with mine (2020) says yearly or every 250 hours, does not mention doing it at 50.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #46  
did just take a glance at manual, keep in mind this a a manual for a 2010 GC2400.
first FULL (every single thing really) fluid change due at 50 hrs.
from then on hydro is 200 hrs.
anyways got 210 hrs on my hydro system now since last service so.....guess what I am gonna do LOL

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #47  
the manual I got with mine (2020) says yearly or every 250 hours, does not mention doing it at 50.
That's for the GC1725?

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #48  
Mine is due, and it's clean and clear, so I'm not changing it.

I'll replace the way over priced filter though.

I see there are a bunch of Chinese hydraulic filters now. No thanks.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #49  
Mine is due, and it's clean and clear, so I'm not changing it.

I'll replace the way over priced filter though.

I see there are a bunch of Chinese hydraulic filters now. No thanks.
Hello Ray , I haven’t been on this site for a few years . I sold the 1025r JD and bought a new 2022 MF Gc1725m . Approaching the 50 hour service . In a nutshell what would you use the filters and fluids oil / hydro ?
I respect all the advice from the folks on here , you stuck like a sore thumb , lol , and input from all members are always welcomed and appreciated ! Thank you and Happy New Year to all ! John

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #50  
Hello Ray , I haven’t been on this site for a few years . I sold the 1025r JD and bought a new 2022 MF Gc1725m . Approaching the 50 hour service . In a nutshell what would you use the filters and fluids oil / hydro ?
I respect all the advice from the folks on here , you stuck like a sore thumb , lol , and input from all members are always welcomed and appreciated ! Thank you and Happy New Year to all ! John
Hi John, Currently, I would use the Rotella T6, synthetic oil, 15W-40 in the engine, (it's a bargain, and really a good trusted name), OEM, NAPA or WIX, (both are the same), oil filter. (Those are the only filters that are actually spec'd for that engine). The AGCO Permatran 821XL transmission oil, or, perhaps a newer product, I'm not up on the latest. Or, one of the Amsoil products, and an AGCO transmission filter. Finally, synthetic EP gear oil in the front axle, (any multi viscosity near 80w-90, will work fine).

Make sure you: Remove the transmission suction screen behind the Lt rear tire, and clean it if necessary.
Take the time to look for hose rubs. (Check particularly where they run near the tires).
Find all the grease fittings, because I'm sure the dealer either missed, or didn't get grease in at least one.

I personally would NOT service the transmission oil, or it's filters, at 50 hours. It's an unnecessary waste. I would wait for the 250 hour to do it. Your manual may, or may not, call for it at 50 hours.

Good luck.

Last edited: