GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #21  
Welcome to TBN.

A lot of us have tractors going on 10 + years old, and our MF Operators Manual said to change the engine oil/filter, hydro/trans oil and filter, and front axle fluid at 50 hours.

I believe most of the manufacturers have extended most of these change outs per the newer tractors "Operators Manual".

For my tractor, I usually use Napa Auto for most of my filters (go online and do a search with your tractor model number), and for me I have only used Amsoil.

My closes MF dealer is 2.5 hours away, but I can call the parts department, order my parts, pay over the phone, and they will ship it to me.

Good luck,

KC

Sorry read post wrong. Deleted.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #22  
Correct engine oil is still 50 hours

Diesel engines tend to soot their oil soon after a change. It is normal for the engine oil to blacken. I use Mobil Delvac 15w-50 engine oil in all my diesel engines including the 3206 Caterpillar in the motorhome. Oil is cheap and so, I tend to use non-synthetics and change at the earliest factory recommended interval. Remember, heat (Noack score) and shear (viscosity change) are reasons to change. In some applications, fuel dilution is also a consideration.

In my gasoline engines, I use synthetics and extend the change interval. Remember also, the filter is just as important as the oil. Use a quality filter. Is is also a good idea to determine how well your oil is working. UOA is a good idea and can help determine how your engine is wearing, how your oil and air filters are working and if you have fuel issues.

As for the gearbox and hydraulics, those oils have the same job but under different conditions. Gear oils and hydraulic service are subject to high shear which changes the oil molecule, changing viscosity and lubricity. These oils will often look clean and clear but may still be worn out. Synthetics with friction modifiers like MoS2 help the oils retain lubricity. Here, UOA will help determine change intervals as well as determine is the filters are doing the job. Also, watch for water in your trans/hydraulic oils with a UOA.

different job.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #23  
Anyone have a cross reference oil filter part number for the GC1723. I look up the numbers off the filter itself and nothing comes up that is exactly as printed on the filter. ISEKI 6213-240-002-2 or DENSO FC115010-5241. I get so close but nothing is an exact match.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #24  
Anyone have a cross reference oil filter part number for the GC1723. I look up the numbers off the filter itself and nothing comes up that is exactly as printed on the filter. ISEKI 6213-240-002-2 or DENSO FC115010-5241. I get so close but nothing is an exact match.

Old Post I know but just in case somebody comes across it.

Without knowing the internal specifications for the OEM filter it's hard to properly cross reference it is the problem you'll want the same flow and bypass settings as OEM not just a physical match at this moment there's nothing for the new 23 and 25 series that I could find either

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #25  
take a look at a WX 51360 or Napa 1360 for engine oil filter... WIX says it direct replacement for DENSO FC115010-5241....

Height 2.577
OD 2.685
Thread 3/4-16
Media 21 micron
gasket OD 2.460, ID 2.2, thickness 0.240
oil bypass pressure 8-10 psiFlow 7-10 GPM
Or go to Lindstrom Equipment Inc and look up AGCO MFKITB1 StarterCare Filter Maintenance Pack...

Last edited:
   / GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #26  
take a look at a WX 51360 or Napa 1360 for engine oil filter... WIX says it direct replacement for DENSO FC115010-5241....

Height 2.577
OD 2.685
Thread 3/4-16
Media 21 micron
gasket OD 2.460, ID 2.2, thickness 0.240
oil bypass pressure 8-10 psiFlow 7-10 GPM
Or go to Lindstrom Equipment Inc and look up AGCO MFKITB1 StarterCare Filter Maintenance Pack...

I'm showing no results found

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #27  
I have run the NAPA/Wix filters and the Fram. They all seem to fit, and seemed to work fine.

I asked Fram to see if they would look at supplying us with a filter.

They told me, they will not consider making one for us. But, if they can find one in their line, that meets all their spec's for a cross, they will list it.

After buying a MF filter and checking all their boxes, they said, sorry.

I was not given the reason, but was told, it can be something as simple as the closest match they have is a little longer, and they will not try to make a determination, if that will be a problem.

This is more than likely why the others have not listed a filter for us either.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #29  
I have run the NAPA/Wix filters and the Fram. They all seem to fit, and seemed to work fine.

I asked Fram to see if they would look at supplying us with a filter.

They told me, they will not consider making one for us. But, if they can find one in their line, that meets all their spec's for a cross, they will list it.

After buying a MF filter and checking all their boxes, they said, sorry.

I was not given the reason, but was told, it can be something as simple as the closest match they have is a little longer, and they will not try to make a determination, if that will be a problem.

This is more than likely why the others have not listed a filter for us either.
There's nothing wrong with the AGCO/DENSO filter, it's a quality filter, my dealer actually has them cheaper than Amazon

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #30  
There's nothing wrong with the AGCO/DENSO filter, it's a quality filter, my dealer actually has them cheaper than Amazon
Aside from people saying it's over priced, neither I, nor anyone ever else has ever said, there is anything wrong with the AGCO filter.

Not everyone has a dealer near by, they can just pick one up at.

We are simply exploring other more accessible, and equitable options.