GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #32  
Aside from people saying it's over priced, neither I, nor anyone ever else has ever said, there is anything wrong with the AGCO filter.

Not everyone has a dealer near by, they can just pick one up at.

We are simply exploring other more accessible, and equitable options.
I Didn't say you or anyone said that, just stating a fact

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #33  
I Didn't say you or anyone said that, just stating a fact

Because someone believes something, doesn't make it a "fact". That's an opinion.

State all the "facts" you like. When you do it with a quote, it's directed at the person you quoted.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #34  
New to this forum and thread. In case you are still lookin g I provide my nickels worth. I have a 1725m purchased used. It had only 10 hours but was 18 months old. I did an immediate engine oil and filter change. The front axle, hydraulic system oil and filter got changed at 50 hours. I can say the front axle oil was milky from moisture. Even the hydraulic system oil was not perfectly clear. My suggestion is to check the levels and clarity of the oils. It can be as much about time and environment as it is about engine run time.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #35  
New to this forum and thread. In case you are still lookin g I provide my nickels worth. I have a 1725m purchased used. It had only 10 hours but was 18 months old. I did an immediate engine oil and filter change. The front axle, hydraulic system oil and filter got changed at 50 hours. I can say the front axle oil was milky from moisture. Even the hydraulic system oil was not perfectly clear. My suggestion is to check the levels and clarity of the oils. It can be as much about time and environment as it is about engine run time.
I deal with (not mine) a 2021 GC1723 with, as of last week, 15 hours on it. I check it often.
so I know where you coming from.
one thing you may have overlooked is the suction filter behind left rear tire. have to remove it (the tire) to check. it can collect moisture and show a bunch of white. it is serviceable. you can clean it in fuel oil dry it very well and reuse it however....be VERY careful of threads. and of course since oring cheap buy a new oring.
this is a quick breakdown of filter, oring, and suction (most likely never needed) tube for a GC1725M

Capture.PNG

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #36  
Because someone believes something, doesn't make it a "fact". That's an opinion.

State all the "facts" you like. When you do it with a quote, it's directed at the person you quoted.
🙄🤣

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #37  
I deal with (not mine) a 2021 GC1723 with, as of last week, 15 hours on it. I check it often.
so I know where you coming from.
one thing you may have overlooked is the suction filter behind left rear tire. have to remove it (the tire) to check. it can collect moisture and show a bunch of white. it is serviceable. you can clean it in fuel oil dry it very well and reuse it however....be VERY careful of threads. and of course since oring cheap buy a new oring.
this is a quick breakdown of filter, oring, and suction (most likely never needed) tube for a GC1725M

View attachment 825165
Yes. It is a tricky one to get at. I was fortunate to have found a really good video,
, that walks through the process.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #38  
Yes. It is a tricky one to get at. I was fortunate to have found a really good video,
, that walks through the process.
if you plan on keeping it and working on it do yourself a favor. buy a service manual for it.kind of expensive but worth the money.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #39  
if you plan on keeping it and working on it do yourself a favor. buy a service manual for it.kind of expensive but worth the money.
That's my plan. The maintenance is straight forward but repairs will be less so.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #40  
with actual service manual not only will you be able to answer posts here on your particular model...but you will be well versed to reply to other GC owners.