GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #11  
Just in case there are some newbies reading this thread, to my knowledge the engine oil is still, and probably not ever going to be more than 50 hour intervals.

Dumping the hydraulic fluid, at 50 hours is what is being referred to here as a "waste of money".

Correct engine oil is still 50 hours

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #12  
Changed mine at 56 hrs. The engine oil was pitch black. The transmission fluid I could have waited to change after another 200 hrs. However I followed the recommendations from the book to the T.

All fluids were replaced with Amsoil so in another 250 I will try to give the next update.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #13  
Ok, can I just jump in real fast? I'm getting close to doing the 200, already picked up nearly everything for it, including amsoil synthetic athqt. What are you guys pouring into the front axle and mower gear box. Also amsoil (in which case, I guess I gotta pick up some more)? Or, can I get a recommendation for a gear oil, thx.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #14  
Ok, can I just jump in real fast? I'm getting close to doing the 200, already picked up nearly everything for it, including amsoil synthetic athqt. What are you guys pouring into the front axle and mower gear box. Also amsoil (in which case, I guess I gotta pick up some more)? Or, can I get a recommendation for a gear oil, thx.

You can use the Amsoil ATH in the front axle.

I use synthetic EP 80W-90 gear lube.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #15  
Changed mine at 56 hrs. The engine oil was pitch black.

Diesel oil is usually black after a short time.

Diesels produce soot. Some of that ends up in the crankcase. If the soot isn't in being suspended your oil, it's being left in your engine.

You want an oil that can hold the soot, and acids, that are made inside so you can remove them.

Some oils are better at this than others. I tried the Rotella synthetic and it doesn't get nearly as black as the Amsoil did over the same interval. But, there is also a difference in the price.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #16  

I have always used Amsoil 80W-90 Gear Lube.

KC

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #17  
I have always used Amsoil 80W-90 Gear Lube.

KC

I’ll go opposite, I run the same amsoil hydraulic fluid that goes into the tractor (ATH?)

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #18  
I’ll go opposite, I run the same amsoil hydraulic fluid that goes into the tractor (ATH?)

That is the recommended lubricant listed in my MF Operator's Manual.

KC

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #19  
Ok, so either the same amsoil ath 5w30 or amsoil agh 80w90. So really either or huh, I guess just do ath to keep it kiss simple? :confused3:

Kicking myself for not ordering extra from amsoil while I had the preferred membership, would have been free shipping too with the other stuff I ordered.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #20  
Ok, so either the same amsoil ath 5w30 or amsoil agh 80w90. So really either or huh, I guess just do ath to keep it kiss simple? :confused3:

Kicking myself for not ordering extra from amsoil while I had the preferred membership, would have been free shipping too with the other stuff I ordered.

Just go to the local auto parts store, and buy two quarts of synthetic EP 80W-90.

You would be using a product that is well beyond what is spec'd for the application, so there is no need to be concerned if it is Amsoil or not.