GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #51  
All the advice so far has been spot-on.

Do not run the engine with the hood up. You will burn the paint off the hood.

Have a can of brake parts cleaner to clean the hydraulic intake mesh.

Check under where mud can get up in and block up your hydro cooling.

If you have a BH, it's the perfect time to take it off and exercise your 3pt hitch parts. I use white grease on those parts.

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #52  
One thing my former shop supervisor always said, "Oil is cheap." As a matter of fact, so are filters and so is grease. I just change things and do maintenance according to the owner's manual. There are no guarantees that things won't break, but when and if they do, I won't be thinking "I wish I would've..."

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #53  
If you have a BH, it's the perfect time to take it off and exercise your 3pt hitch parts. I use white grease on those parts.
this.
in fact to actually service a GC series hydro system the backhoe must be off and 3pt lowered.
I am not a backhoe tractor so my 3pt in use almost daily. on the items w/o grease zircs I use WD40 white Lithium spray. and I also clean and lube my top link quite often as there is a difference of top link adjust between my tiller, my trailer hitch, my snowblower, and my 7ft grader blade. really sucks when top link is frozen up....

/ GC1723 50 hour Maintenance Questions #54  
One thing my former shop supervisor always said, "Oil is cheap." As a matter of fact, so are filters and so is grease. I just change things and do maintenance according to the owner's manual. There are no guarantees that things won't break, but when and if they do, I won't be thinking "I wish I would've..."
It's 2024.

Cheap oil, is kind of cheap.

Good oil, is NOT cheap. 5 gallons of good hydraulic oil, is now $200. The hydraulic filters on these are $50, and there are still no cheap engine oil filters, that are officially listed for these. So, it's well over $300 to do oil and filters on a subcompact now.

Taking out good clean oil, to put in cheap oil, (done far too often), could also leave you wishing.

I know, "It's cheap compared to the cost of the machine", That point is moot, because it's not cheap.