GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #21  
New here so forgive me if this is the wrong place but I have searched and not located other threads that address this. I recently purchased a 2012 GC2610 and want to do all the basic fluid changes/maintenance checks etc. Tractor is in great condition but the dealer was less than helpful concerning anything apart from bringing it back to them for service. Is there a basic maintenance schedule and list of fluid types etc available anywhere? The user manual that the dealer gave me was for another model and not to helpful.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers
The GC2610 "Operator Instruction Book" should have that information.

If you don't have a copy, they should be able to get you one, at any MF dealer.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #23  
New here so forgive me if this is the wrong place but I have searched and not located other threads that address this. I recently purchased a 2012 GC2610 and want to do all the basic fluid changes/maintenance checks etc. Tractor is in great condition but the dealer was less than helpful concerning anything apart from bringing it back to them for service. Is there a basic maintenance schedule and list of fluid types etc available anywhere? The user manual that the dealer gave me was for another model and not to helpful.

If you are lookig for filters etc . . Look to Wix filters from an auto supply or tractor supply. Wix has a much wider selection of filters and I've seen numbers mentioned for many massey scut and cut products.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #24  
The Maintenance section of the manual will tell you what needs to be done when, but the Specification section won't tell you the part numbers that you need, thus this thread.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #25  
:laughing: well, I guess I've spent enough time slagging dealers, over poor treatment or gouging me, that I should probably give credit where credit is due.

I bought a new air filter for my gc2410 from massey ferguson, cost was $57.00 cad. then I found this thread, phoned the local jobber and had them give me a price on whatever they could get that crossed from the napa number in this thread. they gave me a discounted price of about $5.00 more than what I paid at the dealer.

that doesn't happen every day. :shocked:

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #26  
I have some questions for you guys about the oil and hydro filters. I went to my local Massey dealer and asked specifically for the oil and hydro filters for the GC1720 that I have. They gave me 6258877M91 - Hydraulic Filter 3710280M2 - Oil Filter which matches the AGCO Parts book.

Before I drained a drop of oil, I checked the filters against what I already have and they do not look like they match. The OEM oil filter from Denso (ISEKI) is a smaller diameter than the AGCO one. The Hydro filter which I expected to look like a standard oil filter has a straight passthrough and vents on the top that looks more like a replacement drop-in type cartridge with separate o-rings/washer and looks nothing like what is under the tractor (MF gray spin-on/off filter).

So my questions: Are these the right filters? Is the larger diameter oil filter a problem? When I drain my hydro fluid and spin off the existing filter/housing, will the new one fit inside of that? Forgive my ignorance, but the maintenance guide is quite heavily lacking in the detail department.

Appreciate the help and if anyone has pics of their AGCO branded replacements from their 50 hour service, please show me.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #27  
I have some questions for you guys about the oil and hydro filters. I went to my local Massey dealer and asked specifically for the oil and hydro filters for the GC1720 that I have. They gave me 6258877M91 - Hydraulic Filter 3710280M2 - Oil Filter which matches the AGCO Parts book.

Before I drained a drop of oil, I checked the filters against what I already have and they do not look like they match. The OEM oil filter from Denso (ISEKI) is a smaller diameter than the AGCO one. The Hydro filter which I expected to look like a standard oil filter has a straight passthrough and vents on the top that looks more like a replacement drop-in type cartridge with separate o-rings/washer and looks nothing like what is under the tractor (MF gray spin-on/off filter).

So my questions: Are these the right filters? Is the larger diameter oil filter a problem? When I drain my hydro fluid and spin off the existing filter/housing, will the new one fit inside of that? Forgive my ignorance, but the maintenance guide is quite heavily lacking in the detail department.

Appreciate the help and if anyone has pics of their AGCO branded replacements from their 50 hour service, please show me.

my oil filter is a 72201898
my fuel filter is 3608255M1
my hydraulic filter is 6268877M91

Those are for all the GC1700s mine specifically a GC1715

All are typical cartridge or element type - and none are canister style

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers
Looks like there has been a mix up.

See your dealer.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #29  
Here are the oil filter on the left and hydraulic on the right. Both are spin on canister style filters.
WP_20170208_001.jpg

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #30  
Thanks folks. What a pain. One of you has 6268877M91 and another has 6258877M91. Snobdds: can you (or anyone else) snap a picture of the actual filter and not just the box? I have a feeling I'm going to get into a 'discussion' with the dealer since the parts book appears to be wrong.