GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #71  
Found Hydraulic After market filters for GC2300 series. These will not fit the 1700 series. The 1700 use Standard 3/4" 16 tpi. The 2300 is metric 20mm X 1.5 .
Very close threads but not interchangeable. when you remove filter try and span the threads with a 3/4" standard wrench. if it will not span the threads it is metric.
The first one i found was a WIX WL10285. this one wasn't available in my area so crossed with a Baldwin BT8902. it is used on many Kabota's. changed the filter yesterday
and fits perfectly. Napa has a cross as well but not same quality. Hope this finally helps OEM

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers
Found Hydraulic After market filters for GC2300 series. These will not fit the 1700 series. The 1700 use Standard 3/4" 16 tpi. The 2300 is metric 20mm X 1.5 .
Very close threads but not interchangeable. when you remove filter try and span the threads with a 3/4" standard wrench. if it will not span the threads it is metric.
The first one i found was a WIX WL10285. this one wasn't available in my area so crossed with a Baldwin BT8902. it is used on many Kabota's. changed the filter yesterday
and fits perfectly. Napa has a cross as well but not same quality. Hope this finally helps OEM

Thanks, I believe Wix makes the NAPA 400361 hydraulic filter, so I'm not surprised to see they have issued it under a Wix number too. Wix and NAPA were always the same part for years.

As far as crossing over to the Baldwin, I found with the engine oil filters that even if it crosses over, it still may not be the same. You can find several Fram oil filters that cross over from the Wix, and Napa engine oil filter numbers. Many of us have used them. However, when asked to verify them, Fram did some testing, and would not "officially" list any of their filters for our engines, due to differences in them.

Since we can't know for sure, it's probably best to use a filter that is "officially" verified, and listed by application.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #73  
The thing I like about WIX is you can go their web page and put in filter number and you get a page as to all the important specifications like "anti flow back or not", thread diameter and pitch and micron rating. burst pressures, gasket size and so forth... And yes Wix makes most NAPA filters, NAPA just adds 1 or more digits ahead of WIX numbers...

WIX Filters, Wix oil filters, WIX air filters, Wix Heavy Duty Oil filters - Home

For instance...

Part Details

Then there's this sort of lookup....BUT MF does not want you to know the hydraulic/HST filter number but there are several Kubota filter (read as 11 micron) that will fit... MF manual does say buried in one obscure sentence that hydraulic/HST filter is 10 micron rated...

massey-wix.jpg

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #74  
Here's what I do for filters.
Every once in a while, I stop by the dealer and buy 3 or 4 oil filters, a couple of fuel filters and an air filter.
I store them in a rubber tote so they stay dry and clean.
I have no problem with the price. Seems fair enough.
Just because a filter is "the same size" and the treads are the same is no indication that it is the correct filter.
We pay WAY too much for our tractors to be guessing.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #75  
Just because a filter is "the same size" and the treads are the same is no indication that it is the correct filter.

With a little homework a non OEM filter will work just make sure it has the same flow properties and the bypass setting is similar and also the Micron rating and you'll have no issues.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #76  
Hydraulic filter Wix 57809 superced by Wix WL-10285

I'm not certain this is breaking news. But, Baldwin has listed the B7356 oil filter as GC compatible. As well as a long list of other tractors that use this that filter.

You have to use the "lawn and garden equipment", category in the filter look up, to find the listings.

Here is another link verifying: Massey Ferguson GC2300 Oil Filter, Spin-On - 3710280M2

Baldwin also lists a PF937 fuel filter, and RS4804 air filter.

No hydraulic filter is listed.

/ GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #78  
I'm not certain this is breaking news. But, Baldwin has listed the B7356 oil filter as GC compatible. As well as a long list of other tractors that use this that filter.

You have to use the "lawn and garden equipment", category in the filter look up, to find the listings.

Here is another link verifying: Massey Ferguson GC2300 Oil Filter, Spin-On - 3710280M2

The previous years GC series there was a direct engine oil filter replacement with PN 72201898
but the new 23 and 25 series that uses the filter# 3710280m3 there is not the last I heard, Massey Ferguson has a bulletin out directing not to use the early version filters I seen it at my dealer

Last edited:
   / GC Series Filters, OEM And Aftermarket Part Numbers #79  

Yep... MF has been very good at keeping the hydraulic filter from being cross-referenced.... But a tiny little note in shop manual says its a 10 Micron filter...

Oddly enough the is a filter that is the same specifications (dimensionally and threads) that is a WIX filter for Kubota, only difference is the Kubota filter is 11 Micron....

Oddly enough the is a filter that is the same specifications (dimensionally and threads) that is a WIX filter for Kubota, only difference is the Kubota filter is 11 Micron....
There is a Baldwin filter out there that people are using too.

Probably the same kind of thing.

I'm surprised aftermarket filter companies need a bigger market than we could give them, to make filters for us.

If you're set up to make filters, it's doesn't seem as though it would be a big deal to make them for us?