GC 1705 seat adjustment

/ GC 1705 seat adjustment #1  

weeder

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 425 lawn tractor
Hello everyone, I am curious if anybody has repositioned there seat farther back by either drilling new holes or fabricating something? I have my seat back as far as it will go but I still feel cramped when operating the tractor. Man, it would be nice to have a couple more inches for my long old legs. Any ideas will be very appreciated!!!

/ GC 1705 seat adjustment #2  
On my 1715 (same setup as 1705) there is a second set of holes about 1-1/4 inches back from where it is mounted now, BUT it may depend on how your seat was initially mounted whether you can move it back (holes exposed) ....... And there is some sort of limiting "stops" inside rails...

Last edited:
   / GC 1705 seat adjustment
Well moved the seat back by the other set of holes and it still was a bit cramped, so I took it apart and used my cut off wheel to cut the stop off to make it go back farther. Now it goes back as far as it can go with good leg room.

/ GC 1705 seat adjustment #4  
I was going to say, I changed the seat entirely on mine, mounting the new one on brackets that I fabricated. But sounds like you solved the problem already.