Gas fireplace cleaning

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #1  

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
We have a 10 year old gas fireplace, propane. The front burner has very low blue flames but the back burner has nice natural flame look. This morning, the front burner did not even come on at all. Shut it down and restarted. Small front blue flames returned.

Is this just needing a good cleaning? Would just using an air compressor clear the front burner?

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #2  
Three most likly problems in this order.
1 Clogged orifice
2 Cobb/spider web in airway
3 Burner filled with ash IF a log has ever been burned.
The air hose should fix them all.

/ Gas fireplace cleaning
Thanks Jaxs

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #4  
We have a 10 year old gas fireplace, propane. The front burner has very low blue flames but the back burner has nice natural flame look. This morning, the front burner did not even come on at all. Shut it down and restarted. Small front blue flames returned.

Is this just needing a good cleaning? Would just using an air compressor clear the front burner?
Just bought a house with a gas fireplace, trying to get ready for cold weather, what are my cleaning tasks? I went through the venting and cleaned out some pine needles Do I remove the glass front and vacuum out? thanks

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #5  
Look online and get a manual for your unit. What the manufacturer wants you to do, can vary year to year. And, it is nice to have the manual.

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #6  
Just bought a house with a gas fireplace, trying to get ready for cold weather, what are my cleaning tasks? I went through the venting and cleaned out some pine needles Do I remove the glass front and vacuum out? thanks
That’s what I do with my gas fireplace.

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #7  
@jyoutz thank you for your response an suggestion

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #9  
My manual says to do that annually. Mine is gas but not a fireplace insert. It is like a freestanding wood stove.
again thanks for the suggestion

/ Gas fireplace cleaning #10  
BEFORE using any type of air compressor - use a good shop vac. That is, unless, you want ash blown all over the house.