Fuel Shutoff Valve

/ Fuel Shutoff Valve #1  

klm

Silver Member
Tractor
Allis D17 CIH D40, JD5310, Massimo MS50010
My 5310 sits for sometimes a month or two at a remote location. Twice I have found it with an almost empty fuel tank caused by leakage in the fuel line under the tractor.
The first was just rotten cracked line, the second time I found a hole in the new line just where it goes over the transmission tunnel. Anyway two tanks of fuel don't come cheap. I would like to find a fuel shutoff valve that either screwed into the tank or at the least an inline shutoff valve. I have been to the dealer and they can't come up with one even though I found new tractors on the lot with one installed. Their drawings did not show them. Guess my question is has anybody else run into this and what did you do about it.

/ Fuel Shutoff Valve #2  
You could go to an auto parts store or a home center and get a brass shut off valve you could put inline. If your fuel tank has a removeable fitting in the tank you can get a screw in shut off valve at the same places. I recommend the tank mounted if possible.

Ken

/ Fuel Shutoff Valve #3  
What make and model tractor did you see with a shutoff valve
My JD 2030 has a shutoff valve that threads into the fuel tank. It's Part number R34656, sells for $12.20, but I do not know if it will fit your fuel tank.

/ Fuel Shutoff Valve #4  
What make and model tractor did you see with a shutoff valve
My JD 2030 has a shutoff valve that threads into the fuel tank. It's Part number R34656, sells for $12.20, but I do not know if it will fit your fuel tank.

/ Fuel Shutoff Valve
I think it was a 5501 but don't remember for sure. I'll take your part number to the dealer and see what that turns up. I have found a in-line 3/8 shutoff valve on ebay and have it on order, I'm just surprised that I have had such a hard time finding something thru my dealer.