Fuel leak

/ Fuel leak #1  

sailorman3

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510
I have a fuel leak in the water in fuel sensor of my 2021 CK3510. The filter was replaced last year but recently it has started to leak out of the part of the sensor circled. I believe this is where the fuel/ water flows out when the sensor is loosened. I’m unsure of why this has started now. Will it require a new sensor or can this part maybe be cleaned and repaired? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpeg
    IMG_2038.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
   / Fuel leak #2  
If it's indeed leaking from there, you can pull the sensor out and replace the o-ring.

/ Fuel leak #3  
Or if there is an o ring there, maybe it did not get put back in when you replaced the filter last year (if you had to remove that part when you replaced the filter)

/ Fuel leak #4  
.....or the o ring has a crack, gouge, is twisted (needs a bit of lubricant), is the incorrect size or somehow got into the incorrect placement.

yup....check the o ring status carefully. I always find a little bit of silicone brake grease makes them much happier going in and out.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Fuel leak
I had it apart this morning. No o rings in there. Just a rubber gasket where it mates. Cleaned everything and no noticeable damage. it’s still leaking. Same place. I might just block the hole where it is dripping with some silicone and a small screw. Parts at my dealer are on back order.

/ Fuel leak #6  
Isn’t that still under warranty?

/ Fuel leak
According to the dealer it’s major components only. I can put it in for them to look at but it will probably be there for longer than a month.

/ Fuel leak #8  
How much is a new sensor? Might be a faulty seal in the sensor?

/ Fuel leak
About $100 but they are on back order. I have one ordered and I also ordered a sediment bowl.

/ Fuel leak #10  
...that is odd.

Since you have time on your hands while you wait and I assume you are working on it indoors, I might suggest another place to check.

It looks like that drain is a low point in the chain. Is it possible the leak could be above there? Say where the sediment bowl joints the filter?

It have attached a blown-up part of your picture where there seems to be a wet spot (circled in red) above the circled yellow drain. It might be just where you touched it, but maybe there is a small leak in the back from the bowl/filter joint. If the o-ring or filter seal was not lubed when it was last changed....might be a possible source or maybe it was not torqued enough????
Untitled.png

If the small leak is in the back of the filter/bowl union you will not see it.....you just see the drip from the low point on the unit.

Is it possible to get a small mirror in there or perhaps a paper towel to see if there it a leak higher up?

Might be worth a look-see.