Frustrated!

/ Frustrated! #1  

DirtHauler

Gold Member
Tractor
" '06" Kioti CK30 2015 Mahindra 2555 shuttle 2019 Massey 1760M
Well, after months of shopping on-line and phone calls, I've come to the conclusion that no "dealers" west of the Rocky Mountains wants to deal with or stock "compact" tractors! Was interested in a new 1760M but can't find one any where that's with in a day trip of my location. Be nice to be able to go and "kick the tires" etc. but no luck. Dealers out this way seem to be only interested in selling 100+hp units. Was told they could order it, if available, but would mean a commitment from me i.e. down payment and/or sign finance papers plus they quoted a price that's 10k above the "suggested" price. Then there was the other "zinger", that one dealer told me, was IF I was to get one thru them and because I'm not next door to them (120 miles away) it would cost me 125.00 per hour (to & from) travel time for a mechanic to take care of any tractor issues whether it be warranty work or other!
So bottom line is, if I really want to check out a new 1750M, I'll have to jump on a plane and fly to Texas or farther east, "kick the tires" and fly back home!

/ Frustrated! #2  
If you want to live somewhere where you can see but not get stuff, move to Canada.

/ Frustrated! #3  
   / Frustrated! #4  
If you want to live somewhere where you can see but not get stuff, move to Canada.

Boy do I ever know that !!!

I had a summer home in Canada For the past 13 years.
Brought all of my kitchen fixtures/appliances, water/plumbing system equip/ftgs. from the US.
I needed a stainless steel counter depth refrigerator...."what is a counter depth refrigerator ?".

Most stuff I needed for the new house was available, but selection was very limited, and sales tax was 15%.
I sometimes brought items for my Canadian friends; items that they just could not get at any price.

/ Frustrated! #5  
FAST, becoming a third world nation. But not for the PM. He can have a hot tub installed twice, at tax payers expense, just because it suits him. Chicken sheit? Yes, But hey, that's Canada. Land of the Looser!

/ Frustrated! #6  
We did a Video on the 1760M. Dealers can transfer from other dealer. I know that there is a 1760M at the Tacoma, Washington Assembly Center right now as I just let my last 1760M transfer to another dealer and looking to replace the order. I'm getting one coming in at another Assembly Center. So there is stock on the West Coast if looking for 1760M Powershuttle Cab.

Here is the Video I did:

/ Frustrated! #7  
If you are having this much trouble just trying to see one... Just THINK of all the trouble you will have in owning one.

There is no way in heck I'd own a tractor which you have to FIGHT in order to see and buy.

/ Frustrated! #8  
To the O.P. I have no problem with ordering tractors from a dealer. My previous and current tractor was ordered without seeing the exact same tractor that I wanted and I was never disappointed. :)

I do agree, it is nice to at least see and touch a similar tractor before making that commitment.

/ Frustrated! #9  
I'd make sure I sat in the seat and pulled on the levers a bit. I've heard time and again how 'things' weren't like they thought they would have been. Someone posted a year or so ago, that they sat on a Tractor and couldn't reach the clutch bottom because of a knee issue. On a competing tractor of similar type, he had no issues. He said he wouldn't have recognized it without actually sitting on them both.

/ Frustrated! #10  
The Standard Cab is the same size, minor changes based on transmission type for the controls. Even the Deluxe Cab is same control location. On the 1700 Premiums as the 1700M.
Dealers can't having every single model and version and as fast as these Massey Ferguson Tractors are selling hard to even keep the most popular models we stock.

Looking at Dealer Locator I see several Cab Compacts out west just not sure where you are located but here are a few dealers I see with Inventory of Cab Models:
Kiperts - Olympia, Washington
Sierra Tractor - Shingle Springs, California
Robins - Burn, Oregon