Front Porch Posts

/ Front Porch Posts #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
Perhaps I am missing something, but I am noticing that posts I make are not accumulating adding up my post count in my profile. Noticing this mainly in "Front Porch" threads. I thought initially that it was only happening when I posted in the "Word Association" thread, but it seems it is happening in other threads as well.

Post count doesn't really mean a lot to me, but it just seems odd.

/ Front Porch Posts
That last post actually counted, but I was at 9808 or 9809 for several days prior to that one.

/ Front Porch Posts #3  
Posts in the front porch are excluded from post totals.

/ Front Porch Posts #5  
I think if post counts never counted, or year joined, it would help some attitudes with people that get uppity about it.

/ Front Porch Posts #6  
I think if post counts never counted, or year joined, it would help some attitudes with people that get uppity about it.
Wish that it would but - I doubt that would actually help the uppity people see the the inflated value of their opinions

/ Front Porch Posts
I have actually always thought that post count has never really meant much to people on TBN. You can get called a "Noob" on some other forums I frequent. I've not seen that here.

As a matter of fact, I tend to admire more the posters that have been here for a long time and have fewer posts.

/ Front Porch Posts
A stunning eye opener when you did that.

Showed where I was hanging out way too much.
So are you saying that Muhammad successfully influenced your posting habits when he did that?
;)

Doubt I'll change my habits one way or another, based on my post count anyway.

/ Front Porch Posts #10  
I'm the poster boy for "number of posts are just a fun number".

"Nice"
"Yikes"
"Thanks"
"Welcome to TBN"
"What?"
"Here's a link"
"PowerTrac is the best machine ever made" (you know who you are)

Those all add up to about 6.85 posts per day over about 22.5 years.

I talk more to my cats. ;)