Front hitch ball mount

/ Front hitch ball mount #1  

eppoh

Tractor
Iseki TS1610
Occassionally I have a need to use my TS 1610 to move a few trailers around.

I really don't want to disconnect my finish mower, so I thought I might rig up a hitch ball on the front bumper some how.
Before I try to design something, anyone out there already come up with an easy way to do this?

/ Front hitch ball mount #2  
My Ford has a mounting hole sticking out from the front bumper that I keep a 2" trailer ball mounted permanently. I'd rather push a trailer around than pull it because I can control it easier through the tight turns in our woods. Looks like some of those 1610 pics I've looked at has a bent flatbar wrap around type bumper on the front that would be easy to weld a plate or flatbar with a pre-drilled hole in it that would fit your trailer ball for moving trailers. May not hold up to a lot of tongue weight, but should move an empty trailer with no problem.

/ Front hitch ball mount
My Ford has a mounting hole sticking out from the front bumper that I keep a 2" trailer ball mounted permanently. I'd rather push a trailer around than pull it because I can control it easier through the tight turns in our woods. Looks like some of those 1610 pics I've looked at has a bent flatbar wrap around type bumper on the front that would be easy to weld a plate or flatbar with a pre-drilled hole in it that would fit your trailer ball for moving trailers. May not hold up to a lot of tongue weight, but should move an empty trailer with no problem.

Interesting.

I have only a small mig welder- won't penetrate 1/4 inch steel.

/ Front hitch ball mount #4  
Not sure how "small" your welder is?? Is it 220V and/or over 100amp? If so it will certainly weld 1/4". If it's a smaller 110V, it will still do it with the proper preparation. Grind the tab to a chisel point so you have a V to fill. Make the first pass in the deepest section. Then alternate a pass on each side of the growing pile until you've filled the V. You'll be surprised how strong it will be.

/ Front hitch ball mount #5  
Do you have a FEL? I purchased a "bolt on" hitch for my FEL for under $100.00. It moves my 7x16 trailer easily when unloaded and have used it once with the trailer loaded with firewood.

untitled.png

/ Front hitch ball mount
Do you have a FEL? I purchased a "bolt on" hitch for my FEL for under $100.00. It moves my 7x16 trailer easily when unloaded and have used it once with the trailer loaded with firewood.

View attachment 400797

I dream of a loader. Don't know if one even exists that will bolt up to a 1610.

Anyway, I am hoping for something that I could just bolt to the front bumper, after drilling a hole maybe.

/ Front hitch ball mount #7  
I made one for my ts2205 will try to get picture of it today

/ Front hitch ball mount #8  
many tractors have a "front weight" bolt holes up in front. to accept a bracket, that holds suit case weights.

many tractors also have a spot were you can remove front "plastic like bumber" to reveal holes for a stronger front grill that goes in front everything. so ya do not inadvertently run a stick or like through the radiator.

both of the above things should be coming directly off the frame.

looking at images i pulled up via google for your tractor, it kinda looks like a U shape bumper that got squashed into a T shape. you might be able to undo some bolts. and pull that off, to slip a better DIY frame up and onto the front. for a receiving hitch.

instead of just welding a ball hitch on and/or a couple nuts in place so you can screw a ball into for different size balls. i would say if ya going to take some extra time, might as well go with a receiving hitch. like back of trucks, so you can change out to different things if wanted. from lower drop hitch, to a straight hitch, to possibly some sort of "mini rack" that folks can buy to hold a couple bicycles or some coolers for camping trip. and just slide that right into the receiver on the front. some folks have went extra step of getting a 12v electrical winch that slides into a receiving hitch.

/ Front hitch ball mount #9  
I remember now how I made mine,Atv hitch adapter harbor freight #65961 $14.99 Then welded it to a piece of 2 inch. angle iron and bolted it to the bumper. Works good for mine and is almost flush with the bumper, without the male receiver.