Front end blade for a tractor?

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #31  
I have a B6100 and could certainly imagine that to be the case.

This is my first tractor and while I wasn't dead set on 4wd i've come to the conclusion that it's basically necessary on a tractor this small. My FEL subframe is MUCH more substantial than the one pictured there and even with the loader+subframe probably adding 50%+ to the bare weight of the tractor (up to 1500-1700lb, id ballpark), it can rarely manage enough traction in 4wd with the rear diff lock engaged to actually use all of the fifteen mighty horses the engine supposedly makes. I never realized how much i took the weight of heavier machines for granted until i started using this and also a <3000lb skid steer i bought shortly after. Both machines are limited by their own lack of weight more than a lack of power. I would imagine a front blade on something this size would only be great for snow or relatively loose material. I guess if i already had it i could see breaking loose a bunch of stuff with the rippers on my box blade and then spreading it with much more finesse with the front blade. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, though.

Seems to me it would be better to rig an appropriate blade onto an FEL somehow and just be careful with it. One thing I could see myself doing if you're actually trying to break into the ground at all is making some supports from the tractor frame forward to the rear of the loader arms so that forces would go straight into the frame instead of through the loader arms and tower. The small skid steer i mentioned has this feature from the factory.. when the lift arms are all the way down they rest directly against the 'frame', directly behind the bucket. Good thing too because every time i get into a skid steer i use 'ramming speed' at least once (including today in a borrowed Bobcat S150). :ROFLMAO:

/ Front end blade for a tractor? #32  
Photos like this inspired me to carry the sub frame back to the rear axle when I fabbed up the front mount blower frame and drive for the B7200. It just did not seem right to hang the blower, or any blade that might follow, onto the the framework that looks designed to hold a couple hundred pound of static weight.View attachment 708190

Here's my previous tractor, with a Kubota dozer blade. I bought it that way used. Very used. The dozer blade had a subframe bolted to the main tractor frame, and included an upright on the right for the control levers. It had a lift cylinder hanging from its own bracket bolted near the "bumper", and sideways tilt cylinders. There were also trip springs. The dealer said this tractor had previously been used at a nursing home to plow snow off the driveways. I'd guess they bought it new with the dozer blade, but don't know. One problem with using it: the tractor front end was light and tended to slide sideways away from whichever side I was trying to displace the snow.