FPT CNH diesel engines

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #11  
The FPT 6.7 is a solid engine. Every bit as good as the Cummins 6.7.
Ram was actually thinking of switching to the FPT 6.7 at one time I was told. But it's the name Cummins that makes the sales.

I wouldn't worry about the 4 cylinder Kubota compared to a 6. I've seen plenty of test videos of tractors towing loaded trailers up hills and the 4 cylinder Kubota out pulled them all.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #12  
In the late 70's, I was a construction equipment tech and got to rebuild one of the first Fiat diesels in the shop. Everyone in the shop was impressed by the build quality. It was a warranty rebuild (due to a bad operator that we were told was fired because he had a habit of damaging the owners equipment). We were surprised that the OEM even warranted it because it was clear neglect destroyed it.

So, the rebuild was by the book. This included the requirement of replacing all rod bolts (not uncommon in high performance applications) and each reciprocating assembly had to be balanced to within so many grams of each other (memory fails me here!)

These engines were smooth and quiet. I wouldn't be afraid of a Fiat diesel. Cars are another story!

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
The FPT 6.7 is a solid engine. Every bit as good as the Cummins 6.7.
Ram was actually thinking of switching to the FPT 6.7 at one time I was told. But it's the name Cummins that makes the sales.

I wouldn't worry about the 4 cylinder Kubota compared to a 6. I've seen plenty of test videos of tractors towing loaded trailers up hills and the 4 cylinder Kubota out pulled them all.
I’d enjoy watching that. Please post if possible.
6 cylinder engines always felt more powerful to me than 4 cylinder, but the Kubota M135X did do well on the pull test.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
So a little update on the tractor:
The seller advertised the tractor as a “Plus”, but it’s actually a “Delta” which is a downgraded, more basic tractor. It has open center hydraulics (same as Kubota, not really a big fan of) and it doesn’t have the nice armrest controls, either.
Love the Quicke Q6 loader and the front hitch/PTO, though.
I think I may skip this one.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #15  
Here's one Hay Dude. maybe the transmission helped too?

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
I think with the Kubota having 170HP versus the Deere 155HP at lower speeds makes the difference.
The more speed you add, the better the Deere fares with it’s higher end power boost above 10kph.

I don’t know the transmissions, but the gear change with the Deere causes it to lose boost between shifts.

Interesting that I have the same engine (6.1L) in my older M126X, but it’s turned down to 126HP.
Heard lots of good things about the M-7, but I like my Massey with the 200HP Sisu and the CVT a lot. She’s a keeper.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #17  
I think with the Kubota having 170HP versus the Deere 155HP at lower speeds makes the difference.
The more speed you add, the better the Deere fares with it’s higher end power boost above 10kph.

I don’t know the transmissions, but the gear change with the Deere causes it to lose boost between shifts.

Interesting that I have the same engine (6.1L) in my older M126X, but it’s turned down to 126HP.
Heard lots of good things about the M-7, but I like my Massey with the 200HP Sisu and the CVT a lot. She’s a keeper.
Ya, I really like Massey's and Sisu is also an awesome engine. But around here all our Massey dealers disappeared even though it was all MF tractors in this area back in the day. There still a LOT of old Massey's at work here.

For some reason Agco only wants to push Fendt in North America now too.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
Ya, I really like Massey's and Sisu is also an awesome engine. But around here all our Massey dealers disappeared even though it was all MF tractors in this area back in the day. There still a LOT of old Massey's at work here.

For some reason Agco only wants to push Fendt in North America now too.

Agree. My AGCO dealers are bringing in and pushing Fendts like drugs.
Maybe one or 2 Masseys for every 6-8 Fendts.
Challenger all but gone.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
You know FIAT cars had spotty reliability, but sometimes I have to remember that FIAT‘s main business is industrial and commercial machinery. Sometimes I get Fiat car poor reliability mixed up with their industrial machine quality.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #20  
My AGCO dealer is also a Kubota dealer, he always has Masseys in stock, along with Kubotas.

There's no Fendt dealers close by me.

SR