FPT CNH diesel engines

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
   / FPT CNH diesel engines #2  
We have a T6030 on the farm it's been a good tractor. It did take some fine tuning by the dealer to get the power shift calibrated correctly.
I'm surprised at the low hours on the one listed as those are clock hours, ours is at around 7000 hours.
We did have to rebuild one front planetary, that was an expensive repair.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
Its not heavy enough for my liking. Looks like it’s about the same weight as the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] I am selling. The loader is much heavier duty, but I think it would lift the ass end up.

Would need cast rims and several wheel weights on back.

How about the “FPT” engine? I know nothing about them

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #4  
I had to go back and look the farms NH is a T6040Plus.
It will lift the rear, wheel weights took care of that.
When it was purchased it was to reduce the work load on the CIH Puma 125 which was accumulating hours rapidly.
They are very similar tractors the Puma is about the same as the T6050 Elite would be.
I believe they are the same engines with different injection systems the Puma is electronic common rail, the T6040 Plus is a rotary mechanical injection, the T6040 Elite got the electronic common rail. The Plus has the 4 speed power shift with a power shift range and a clutch shift range to go from A-B to C-D. The Elite has a full power shift as does the Puma.

We have had no engine problems with either tractor.
They both get used almost daily for feeding cows as they both have loaders on them.
The Puma is also used on the round baler more then any others.

The Puma had some wiring harness issues were the seat suspension actually smashed a wire bundle (I no longer drive the Puma, my weight was the cause of the harness getting pinched) The T6040 does not have that harness and has not had that issue, I run the NH when needed.
They both have been good tractors.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
Thanks Lou,
This one is a 6050 Plus.
I like the 6.7L of displacement it has and I prefer a 6 cylinder to a 4 cylinder in the Kubota. Too many tractors today with small displacement and 4 cylinders trying make 150HP. Sounds like a recipe for a reman at 5,000 hours.

To me, the Quicke 6 is an awfully big loader for that tractor. I have same loader (Quicke 66) on my 15,000lb Challenger and it is perfect there.
On this 11,000lb NH 6050, it seems a bit oversized. I’d rather have oversized loader than undersized, though.

Tractordata has both the 6050 Plus & Elite with mechanical rotary pumps. The differences seem to be in the transmission and added luxury features. Elite is nice. Plus is “eh”.

I’ll have to look & see what a set of cast rear rims and inside the axle weights would cost. Front tires have snow studs and probably need replaced, too. Back tires not far behind, but they usually last forever.

Never ends…

Last edited:
   / FPT CNH diesel engines #6  
Thats true it's a never ending game.
One thing I'll mention it sounds like it has a heavy loader on it.
I don't recall the model the factory loader on the Puma is but it hasn't held up well,
the one on the NH hasn't given issues yet.
loader 2A.jpg

loader 3A.jpg

loader 6A.jpg

loader 7A.jpg

loader 19A.jpg

loader 27A.jpg

It has taken a bit of work on the loader frame.
I don't seem to have any pics but the cab end of the lift arms has also tore out and I've redo it and beefed it a bit.
This did get a decent rattle can paint job before it went back into service. It's been 4-5 years at least since this project was done.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
Is that an L750 loader

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #8  
I don't recall what model it is, I would expect it was the base loader for the PUMA 125.
If I remember the next time I'm around it I'll look.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines #9  
My Workmaster 75 has the FPT S8000 engine. So far I have not had any engine issues. After a quick search it looks like most of the larger NH tractors have the FPT engine.

FPT is a division of Iveco Group. The FPT division makes engines for on-road, off-road, and industrial applications. Other Iveco divisions make buses and trucks used in European countries, which I assume use FPT engines. I would think if they had a problem with their engines, it would have made the news by now.

/ FPT CNH diesel engines
My Workmaster 75 has the FPT S8000 engine. So far I have not had any engine issues. After a quick search it looks like most of the larger NH tractors have the FPT engine.

FPT is a division of Iveco Group. The FPT division makes engines for on-road, off-road, and industrial applications. Other Iveco divisions make buses and trucks used in European countries, which I assume use FPT engines. I would think if they had a problem with their engines, it would have made the news by now.
Yeah, probably. I don’t know anything about them, but FPT is a very popular engine. I know when FIAT bought New Holland and Case-IH, they immediately began shoving their engines into them and dumped the American engines that were previously in them.
One of my tech buddies gave me the (y) on them and said they were ok.
I’m big on N. European diesels, like Mann, Sisu, Deutz, Valmet, but like Cummins equally as well.
This CAT 6.6L Acert in my Challenger is very smooth and starts well in the cold. I have been running it 8 months now and zero issues.