Ford 800 front weights

/ Ford 800 front weights #11  
I saw a guy doing the hood thing when trying to move some junk cars with no wheels.

At 18 the summer after high school hauling hay I would ride to the front fender of a 1956 GMC 1.5 ton truck with a bed extender. It would run 70 MPH and steering traction was a problem due to the long bed loaded with hay. To make it more safe I would lock my legs around the turn signal mounted on top of the fenders. :(

At the same time I remember trying to drink a Pepsi out of a glass bottle going down the road but the wind up the nose would not let the drink run out of the bottle because the pressure inside my mouth was so high. We we all summer without an accident thankfully. If my son did that I would kill him myself I expect. :)

We had a neighbor with a 65 MF and I was sure it outweighed the 801. They may just be longer. I know the 265 has a lot of nose in front of the radiator.

/ Ford 800 front weights #12  
I have seen all sorts of heavy scrap/junk bolted to the front's of tractors.

This is what i bolted to the front of mine: a 38" long section of steel "I" beam that I found years ago when out boating:
034.JPG

019 (2).JPG

I am guessing it weighs about 75 to 80 lbs, and if that is not enough weight, other stuff can be piled onto it/hung on it (just make sure nothing will fall off and get run-over). I cut a 1/4 inch by 1 1/2 inch groove in the web on each end that I can "hook" the link of a chain into (like a grab hook) for tying-down on the trailer.

EDITED TO ADD: If you want the weight on the wheels, you will find information all over the internet for making homemade concrete wheel weights.