Ford 4600SU position control question

/ Ford 4600SU position control question #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
I Have a Ford 4600 that to lift a implement you have to go way up with the control before it starts to lift. Maybe 3/4 way or little more. Lifts fine other wise and no hiccups etc. is there a way to adjust it so it starts to move sooner. I have been on several of these old fords and this is the only one that does this. Thank you

/ Ford 4600SU position control question #2  
You know the position control handle is the Right one yes?
What does the left one do?

/ Ford 4600SU position control question
The left one is Draft control. The window of operation is very short for the position control lever. Most of the lever movement does nothing. Very strange as all my others work great.

No one with any ideas?

/ Ford 4600SU position control question #7  
On the leverquadrant you have one lever......a little inner of that lever there is another lever much shorter and very springloaded coming out of the rockshafthousing .........up or down .......change its position and tri again

On the leverquadrant you have one lever......a little inner of that lever there is another lever much shorter and very springloaded coming out of the rockshafthousing .........up or down .......change its position and tri again

Ok thanks will try it out soon. Hopefully that's the issue.

/ Ford 4600SU position control question #10  
I don't think the 4600 has a small lever. With the draft lever all the way down you should have more control. Make sure the lever is not slipping on the shaft. There are two flat spots on the shaft and some times the lever will wear and slip off of the flats.