Ford 3910 Main Harness, Cluster and Key Switch Replacement

/ Ford 3910 Main Harness, Cluster and Key Switch Replacement #1  

srsnitch

Tractor
Ford 3910
Hey everybody. I have a well used 3910 that I have completely replaced the main wire harness on... I have questions about the main connections on the Key Switch. My old setup was so chopped together that I need help making the connections from the new harness to the switch. I need to connect the Safety Switch wires and not sure which post is correct. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

/ Ford 3910 Main Harness, Cluster and Key Switch Replacement #2  
a search on the forum shows that a wiring diagram has been posted here: Ford 3910 Wiring Diagram

I'd give that a read. Follow from the start switch location, through the fuse block to the safety switches..

/ Ford 3910 Main Harness, Cluster and Key Switch Replacement
I appreciate that. I saw that before. I was hoping for a photo of the setup as its connected Or a pic of what the jumped switch wires look like. Thank You!

/ Ford 3910 Main Harness, Cluster and Key Switch Replacement #4  
This any help?

Attachments

• 1623351034344.png
    1623351034344.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 365
I have a diesel but it does give me a better feel for what I need to do, Thank you!

OK, I've been away from my Project tractor for some time. I have the new wiring harness installed and the key switch wired, i believe, as the old one was. I am measuring 12'6V across the battery terminals, the same across the alternator posts, and the same across the starter terminals. I turn the key and nothing... I'm pretty good with mechanical but I am a horrible electrical trouble shooter. I get the sense something is incorrectly wired but I need some help identifying where. I appreciate your assistance for guiding my ignorance. Thank you!

/ Ford 3910 Main Harness, Cluster and Key Switch Replacement #7  
Put the High/Low range lever in Neutral. There should be continuity on the two wires coming out of the transmission shift cover. When the lever is in High or Low, there should be no continuity. This is the safety start circuit.

The heavy starter wire from the ignition switch should be connected to one wire coming out of the shift cover. The other wire from the shift cover goes to the starter solenoid. The H/L range lever must be in Neutral for the tractor to start.

/ Ford 3910 Main Harness, Cluster and Key Switch Replacement #8  
Hey everybody. I have a well used 3910 that I have completely replaced the main wire harness on... I have questions about the main connections on the Key Switch. My old setup was so chopped together that I need help making the connections from the new harness to the switch. I need to connect the Safety Switch wires and not sure which post is correct. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
I found this just surfing around, maybe it will help (#16 is key switch)
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 6.59.38 PM.png

Put the High/Low range lever in Neutral. There should be continuity on the two wires coming out of the transmission shift cover. When the lever is in High or Low, there should be no continuity. This is the safety start circuit.

The heavy starter wire from the ignition switch should be connected to one wire coming out of the shift cover. The other wire from the shift cover goes to the starter solenoid. The H/L range lever must be in Neutral for the tractor to start.
Thanks. The switch or the wires must be bad. In neutral, no continuity. In H/L no continuity. I'll replace the switch and see what happens.