ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #21  
Not too familiar with this particular issue, but it seems like " erikkk " is giving good advice.

keep this in mind too as you continue repairing the machine:

A lot of "FORD" problems usually ends up at this part:

41157 | JIC 37deg x Ford Tractor O-Ring Port Adapter

If you have o- ring pilot threads- this part is great and is most often found on older Ford equipment.

I had a guy down South, get these for an EBRO tractor, some sort of Euro Ford/Massey 'Franken-tractor' from Spain:

Wikipedia link about EBRO:
Ebro trucks - Wikipedia

Anyway take a look at the 41157 , it's probably not what you're looking for today, but it's certainly good to know it exists, once you have the adapter all you need is a hose with a female JIC swivel end.

-Blake

Those fittings appear on older Ford industrial backhoes and loaders. This pressure nut deal is unique (or nearly so) to this pump pressure tube application and a couple power steering tubes, both on farm (blue, not yellow) tractors.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #22  
Thanks

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #23  
Thanks for the info with a 3400 & a 5600 ford I am sure I will need it down the line

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #24  
An old farmer fix would be to use the nut and outer plastic seal. Throw away the compression parts. Braze a female NPT fitting to the outer end of the nut. Problem solved. Any number of on line hydraulic hose suppliers sell NPT hose of different diameters and lengths at very reasonable prices Do that at both ends and don't look back. You can get all kinds of adaptors for npt thread hydraulics at most farm supply stores.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #25  
So I know it’s old but I’m sure people have the same problem still. Ford screwed up on this design and I hate spending money to fix a bad design with a bad design lol. So what I did is drilled and tapped the compression nut to accept a JIC fitting. Then ran a rubber hydraulic hose. I used 3/8” fitting and hose…yes smaller than original and may have to upgrade to 1/2 idk yet. I believe the 1/2” would work but would be tight. You need a 90 degree on the belly and a 45 degree of the pump. I used the rubber piece from the nut to act a seal. I also put thread sealer on the compression nut and jic fittings. The hose is 4’ and I bought it at tractor supply for 20$.
6759A19C-9621-4F55-9812-C763066395B5.jpeg
8094E3F5-77C6-4FB1-BDCD-255AF1C0015E.jpeg

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #26  
So I know it’s old but I’m sure people have the same problem still. Ford screwed up on this design and I hate spending money to fix a bad design with a bad design lol. So what I did is drilled and tapped the compression nut to accept a JIC fitting. Then ran a rubber hydraulic hose. I used 3/8” fitting and hose…yes smaller than original and may have to upgrade to 1/2 idk yet. I believe the 1/2” would work but would be tight. You need a 90 degree on the belly and a 45 degree of the pump. I used the rubber piece from the nut to act a seal. I also put thread sealer on the compression nut and jic fittings. The hose is 4’ and I bought it at tractor supply for 20$. View attachment 732532View attachment 732534

Hey Firemedicman, is this fix still holding up?? I'm getting ready to do the same conversion on my '74 Ford 3000, just bought the tractor right after getting my first home on 23 acres, it had been sitting for quite awhile so I've been freshening it up, it blew out the pressure line from the pump, so I spent the $40 and installed a new compression fitting and after bush hogging for a few hours it just blew out again, I'm assuming my line is bad, and I'm not a fan of the design either so I want to hopefully do as you've done and convert it over to rubber line, I have the 3/8 NPT thread tool at work to tap the nuts, are you able to just remove the line, compression fittings, and tap both the nuts at the pump and rear end?? I don't mind buying the 2 angle couplers and the line, but want to make sure I have it right and need to tap both nuts, and want to make sure it will hold up, thanks in advance man!!

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #27  
So I know it’s old but I’m sure people have the same problem still. Ford screwed up on this design and I hate spending money to fix a bad design with a bad design lol. So what I did is drilled and tapped the compression nut to accept a JIC fitting. Then ran a rubber hydraulic hose. I used 3/8” fitting and hose…yes smaller than original and may have to upgrade to 1/2 idk yet. I believe the 1/2” would work but would be tight. You need a 90 degree on the belly and a 45 degree of the pump. I used the rubber piece from the nut to act a seal. I also put thread sealer on the compression nut and jic fittings. The hose is 4’ and I bought it at tractor supply for 20$. View attachment 732532View attachment 732534

/ ford 3000 hydraulic fitting conversion #28  
Hello Firemedicman,
I also have same issue had the tractor like 10 years and it started leaking last year, I tightened the nut and it was fine for a while, the nut on the pump, well Unknowingly I purchased the kit from another online forum post that showed how to repair and even offered the parts needed but said nothing about the bad design and how it may fail again, and it did as soon as I put to much pressure on it. So I too am curious as to if your set up is still working. I am going to try and duplicate, my bottom side is not leaking wish I could come up with a fix for pump side only till the bottom needs it as Now we are in the middle of winter, Thank god it isnt snowing like it did last year where I am.
Thanks again for good post and fix.