Ford 3000 Gas

/ Ford 3000 Gas #21  
Your problem is the spark, it should be BLUE and snappy. Orange or yellow is weak spark and it will not get the job done. I know you said you replaced the coil but as I said many new parts are bad out of the box. I think it is going to be either a bad/weak coil or bad condenser.

It ain't yer fuel.
thank you

/ Ford 3000 Gas #22  
I still think it's the coil because it occurs after significant run time (45 minutes). A float bowl has nowhere enough fuel for it to run that long before problem begins.
New coils have been known to fail. Have it tested, cold and hot.

A friend of mine had a new tractor that would idle perfectly but choke on itself under load, hot or cold.
The dealer etc couldn't figure it out. Changed about everything.
Ended up being a piece of metal swarf from some drilling process had gotten into the fuel line. At idle it would let the fuel through. When you gave it throttle and the flow increased it would draw it closed like compressing a spring.
Cost, hundreds if not thousands to find, repair was free.

/ Ford 3000 Gas
How about a tester? View attachment 801153
When I was working on my father's 4400 it was acting similar. My brother produced one of the above and we had it running in no time. I don't recall what we changed but believe it was the coil. Ours was old, but they do have bad units from the factory.
At any rate for ten bucks you might spend a lot less time scratching your head.
I bought a tester about a week ago. I plan on trying it as soon as I get a minute.

/ Ford 3000 Gas #24  
What system is in place for the start /run power for the coil? I'm from the old school. Some had a resistor block, others had a resistor wire. The system gives 12 volts on start and probably7-9 volts running.

/ Ford 3000 Gas #25  
IF it has not been altered over the years then it will have a resistor wire.

/ Ford 3000 Gas
What system is in place for the start /run power for the coil? I'm from the old school. Some had a resistor block, others had a resistor wire. The system gives 12 volts on start and probably7-9 volts running.
It's running just a regular coil no external resisitor

/ Ford 3000 Gas
Thanks everyone but I believe I found the problem. The wire from the coil to the condenser was broken inside the coating. The wire looked new on the outside but the inside was destroyed. I replaced it and it has run great ever since.