Ford 1910

/ Ford 1910 #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I’ve gotten a Ford 1910 recently and I would like to know what all I should check and replace to restore it back to it’s original power and condition it only has 820 original hours on it.the only part I’ve replaced on it is a seal on the hydraulic piston which made a huge difference on the hydraulics lift power. what else should I look out for on it

/ Ford 1910 #2  
Great tractor. I loved my Ford 2110 and 1900. I know I have a shop manual for it and maybe a parts manual. PM if interested.

/ Ford 1910 #3  
Unless you know the history, I'd be changing all the fluids and filters. Including air filter(s).

Is the tractor original or a refurb/repaint?

/ Ford 1910
Unless you know the history, I'd be changing all the fluids and filters. Including air filter(s).

Is the tractor original or a refurb/repaint?
It’s an original it was my grandpas he bought it new in 86 and only used it to bush hog their two fields twice a year

/ Ford 1910
Great tractor. I loved my Ford 2110 and 1900. I know I have a shop manual for it and maybe a parts manual. PM if interested.
It’s definitely been a great tractor so far I’ve already gotten the shop manuel and the owners manual

/ Ford 1910 #6  
It’s definitely been a great tractor so far I’ve already gotten the shop manuel and the owners manual
Some 1910’s have both a hydraulic filter and sump screen. Check owners or shop manual on that.

Also, you have to add oil to injector pump when you change oil. Look in owner’s manual and don’t lose brass washer that’s on the plug you remove to add the oil.

One more is that my diesel guy told me to add fuel treatment on those tractors. He suggested Stanadyne Performance Formula and never a problem in thousands of hours over decades.

/ Ford 1910
Some 1910’s have both a hydraulic filter and sump screen. Check owners or shop manual on that.

Also, you have to add oil to injector pump when you change oil. Look in owner’s manual and don’t lose brass washer that’s on the plug you remove to add the oil.

One more is that my diesel guy told me to add fuel treatment on those tractors. He suggested Stanadyne Performance Formula and never a problem in thousands of hours over decades.
I’ve ran some Stanadyne performance injector cleaner on it

/ Ford 1910 #8  
It’s an original it was my grandpas he bought it new in 86 and only used it to bush hog their two fields twice a year
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :giggle:

/ Ford 1910 #9  
X2 on the inj pump oil..
Depending on the inj pump type(2) the excess will drain out while running.. so not a big deal if overfilled..(8oz.?)
BUT.. a big deal if under filled.

/ Ford 1910 #10  
X2 on the inj pump oil..
Depending on the inj pump type(2) the excess will drain out while running.. so not a big deal if overfilled..(8oz.?)
BUT.. a big deal if under filled.
Great info from an injection pump rebuilder.