Fluids for T474HC?

/ Fluids for T474HC? #12  
Most likely overfilled as TYMe said. Pretty common to happen on tractor that have the sight glass instead of the dipstick.

You want to check the fluid with the loader down and 3 point down to get the most accurate reading. Also, the transmission on that tractor holds about 9 gallons, give or take.

/ Fluids for T474HC? #13  
Guys, just for others who may come across this...what sort of symptoms might one see with too little or too much fluid in the system?

/ Fluids for T474HC?
Well, OK. So if the hydraulic fluid was already filled to the extent that the sight glass was already completely filled, since there was no line visible to indicate partially filled, wouldn't overfilling by 2 gallons exhibit some sort of indication? Like fluid coming back out of the fill hole or something? Since I added the top link and the tree puller, which HAD to have used up some hydraulic fluid, then the top ranking hypothesis here is that the hydraulic reservoir must have already been overfilled enough that those above mentioned drains on the total fluid content didn't bring the fill line DOWN at all to be visible in the window?

Does that sound plausible to anyone?

/ Fluids for T474HC? #15  
Well, OK. So if the hydraulic fluid was already filled to the extent that the sight glass was already completely filled, since there was no line visible to indicate partially filled, wouldn't overfilling by 2 gallons exhibit some sort of indication? Like fluid coming back out of the fill hole or something? Since I added the top link and the tree puller, which HAD to have used up some hydraulic fluid, then the top ranking hypothesis here is that the hydraulic reservoir must have already been overfilled enough that those above mentioned drains on the total fluid content didn't bring the fill line DOWN at all to be visible in the window?

Does that sound plausible to anyone?
The correct level is about half way the transmission capacity, give or take a little bit, so this means it takes close to 18 gallons to be completely filled. So no, with only 2 gallons more, there would be no indicator of being over filled as there is still plenty of room left.

Also, both top link and tree puller will take very little fluid, definitely less than a gallon, maybe even half a gallon. There is also a chance that the tractor was slightly over filled from the dealer, also very common and not a big deal.

/ Fluids for T474HC? #16  
What you added didn’t drain out hardly any. You maybe would have used a 1/2 pint or pint at most . Your level on sight glass or dipstick wouldn’t have moved enough to notice. You’re most likely overfull

/ Fluids for T474HC? #17  
   / Fluids for T474HC? #18  
That's what I noticed too. No way I'd use straight hydraulic fluid in my hydrostat transmission.
Unless I’m mistaken those first 7 pails of what TYM is calling transmission fluids appear to be just plain hydraulic fluid not Trans/hydraulic fluid . Does TYM not feel it’s necessary to use a true Trans/hydraulic fluid in there transmission/rear axle?

/ Fluids for T474HC? #19  
That's what I noticed too. No way I'd use straight hydraulic fluid in my hydrostat transmission.
The hydrostat couldn't care less. The reason for tractor transmission fluid is because it has friction aditivites for the wet brakes and wet clutch packs.

/ Fluids for T474HC? #20  
I assume TYM uses wet brakes