Flowable Grease

/ Flowable Grease #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
I have a Land Pride 2572 power rake- the drive sprocket lost some teeth-apparently I did not maintain right chain tension-so in process of repairing I was unsure as to proper fill level for 90W gear oil. I sent Landpride an email and a tech quickly called me and told me to use flowable grease not gear lube which my 20+ year old manual said to use. Only "flowable grease" I can find is " Super S Cotton Picker 00 that tractor supply has -for 5 bucks, 32 oz. I'm sure I can get my Land Pride dealer to order the Land Pride part no. which is a Shell product but anyone use this Shell product -Gadus S2-V2200? How about the TSS product?

By the way-very helpful LandPride tech said benefit of the flowable grease is it sticks to the chain so the top sprocket gets grease, vs the gear lube which typically gets thrown off before it reaches the top sprocket.

Appreciate any opinions

/ Flowable Grease #2  
I think I'd have asked the tech whether chainsaw bar oil would be a satisfactory substitute.

/ Flowable Grease #3  
I use this grease all the time in gearboxes that aren't worth taking apart to repair. The grease stays thick so it doesn't leak out of worn seals but it thins out with movement and lubricates moving parts. Many farmers use this in pivot gearboxes as it doesn't leak out.

Sprinkler Lube | Home gives a good picture of how it works.

I usually buy a 5 gallon pail of the stuff but you probably don't need that much.

/ Flowable Grease #4  
I use this grease all the time in gearboxes that aren't worth taking apart to repair. The grease stays thick so it doesn't leak out of worn seals but it thins out with movement and lubricates moving parts. Many farmers use this in pivot gearboxes as it doesn't leak out.

Sprinkler Lube | Home gives a good picture of how it works.

I usually buy a 5 gallon pail of the stuff but you probably don't need that much.

Where can it be had?

/ Flowable Grease #6  
Ditto on using AN102562 in my JD 709 mower gearbox

/ Flowable Grease
Thx guys for responses

Turby-1700- Landpride guy told me about Deere cornhead. I called my local dealer (big 3 store outfit)--duh-parts guy couldn't find it on his screen!

/ Flowable Grease #10  
Thx guys for responses

Turby-1700- Landpride guy told me about Deere cornhead. I called my local dealer (big 3 store outfit)--duh-parts guy couldn't find it on his screen!

I bought a case...
I was actually surprised at the cost...
Very reasonable IMHO...