Flail Mower Recommendations

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #1  

Adelynn

Tractor
Kubota M5660SUHD
Looking for a flail mower. Any recommendations? I've looked at many so far and I'm leaning toward Alamo, just curious to hear from anyone that's worked with flail mowers as it's new to me. I would need it to work with 50hp and 7' cutting width, but open to hear about others that don't fit those specs. It will be used to work roughly 10 acres (split into quarter and half acre fields); mowing down old crops to ready the fields for the next crop.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #2  
I have a 10' Maschio and love it.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #3  
Look at Del Morino. I have one for my subcompact, great quality. They make models for larger tractors also. Flail mower is a great choice for the job you described.
If you have the hydraulics, consider side shift and tilt functions

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #4  
Mine is a Woodmaxx and could not be happier. Well built, machine IMO..Your setup is important to trouble free mowing so be sure to understand positioning angles. My tractor has top and tilt that makes for very easy setup each time connecting the mower. Also, their is a huge thread here on TBN all about flails under attachment section and you can get about any infor available on flails..