First attachments

/ First attachments #1  

theaverageJoe

Tractor
Kubota L3800
Howdy all,

I just got my first tractor a Kubota L3800.

I have lawn and woodland (Ive taken down the trees and ground the stumps).

I would like to turn over the soil in both these areas for vegetable gardens and deer food plots.

What are the most efficient, cost effective tools that will turn the soil from grass,weeds,roots & rocks to a place I can plant in hilled rows, or sow a food plot on?

Budget is a concern so bang for the buck in choosing the tools for the job is a big factor.

Appreciate any advice.

/ First attachments #2  
For new ground;brush-hog as low as possible;spray with round-up to start.Let that set for two weeks.I would break ground with an inexpensive "middle buster" about $150 or if you have access to a bottom plow ,turn over the sod.We use a roto-tiller(tractor) but they are pricey;second choice a small disc.I purchased a spring tooth harrow(cultivator) and it does a decent job also breaking up and leveling.
We do 15 acres a year;first year is the toughest after that it becomes a lot easier.
Your tractor will pull a 2/12 or 2/14 bottom plow;check for used ,new can be expensive.

/ First attachments #3  
I guess the first question is how many stumps did you grind down? Turning the soil is going to be very difficult if you keep hitting what's left of the stumps. A disk might be the only thing that will work for you.

/ First attachments
Thank you for your reply, could you link your spring tooth harrow?

/ First attachments
A lot of ground stumps on the wooded areas, 50 maybe 3-8" size trees were in there, nothing massive

/ First attachments #6  
WELCOME TO T-B-N.

Additional information needed is the area you plan for your garden and the area of your potential food plots.

Last edited:
   / First attachments #7  

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_183.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_183.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 304
  • DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 286
  • DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
   / First attachments #8  
Spring tooth harrow/cultivator.I added a couple of bolt on disc for the garden rows ;easy removal.

Attachments

• 100_0878 (Small).jpg
    100_0878 (Small).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 313
   / First attachments #9  
Heavy offset disc.

/ First attachments #10  
What are the most cost effective tools that will turn the soil from grass,weeds,roots & rocks to a place I can plant in hilled rows, or sow a food plot on?

Budget is a big factor.