finally made my decision

/ finally made my decision #1  

eubie5

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx2380
i think.
i had pretty much decided to go with Barlow's. it came down to the bx2380 or the MF gc1705. i'm getting the front end loader, with QA, 60"mmm, r4 tires, and a 3rd function installed. Barlow's gave me a pretty incredible deal, but he is over 2 hours away. i spent all day yesterday at the local MF dealership and the kubota dealership. MF guy is getting a quote together and getting back to me monday. he wasn't able to get exact price on 3rd function for that size tractor. ok, no problem. i go to the local kubota guy, and surprisingly, he matched, TO THE DOLLAR, the Barlow's quote. i was stoked. and on top of that, he encouraged me to wait till monday, just to hear the other guy out. i told him i'd been working with him for a month or 2, and i thought it was the least i could do. he agreed, and actually encouraged it, saying he hoped he could win my business.

i think that's a breath of fresh air. usually, they'd be rushing to get the deal done. i REALLY like the kubota, and am 99% sure that's what i'm buying, but will listen to the MF guy's offer. that is what i said to the kubota guy, he thanked me and said hopefully, i'll earn your business. just don't see honest, good service like that anymore.

so, if all goes according to plan, this time next week, i'll be the proud owner of a 2019 bx2380, fel with QA bucket with 3rd function, 60"mmm, r4 tires.
absolutely am STOKED. this has been almost a year long process, from the time i 1st started thinking about a new tractor, until now. can't wait.

/ finally made my decision
Yea, that will be on Tuesday, I work all day Monday. I was ready to do it today, told the salesman that. He told me to wait, hear the other offer. How crazy is that. We were talking though texts. He knew I couldn't come in until Tuesday anyway, maybe that's why he said what he said. I really like the Kubota, loved the one I just sold. Had it for 17 years, and it did everything I ever asked of it. So, in my mind, it's a done deal.

/ finally made my decision #4  
i think.
i had pretty much decided to go with Barlow's. it came down to the bx2380 or the MF gc1705. i'm getting the front end loader, with QA, 60"mmm, r4 tires, and a 3rd function installed. Barlow's gave me a pretty incredible deal, but he is over 2 hours away. i spent all day yesterday at the local MF dealership and the kubota dealership. MF guy is getting a quote together and getting back to me monday. he wasn't able to get exact price on 3rd function for that size tractor. ok, no problem. i go to the local kubota guy, and surprisingly, he matched, TO THE DOLLAR, the Barlow's quote. i was stoked. and on top of that, he encouraged me to wait till monday, just to hear the other guy out. i told him i'd been working with him for a month or 2, and i thought it was the least i could do. he agreed, and actually encouraged it, saying he hoped he could win my business.

i think that's a breath of fresh air. usually, they'd be rushing to get the deal done. i REALLY like the kubota, and am 99% sure that's what i'm buying, but will listen to the MF guy's offer. that is what i said to the kubota guy, he thanked me and said hopefully, i'll earn your business. just don't see honest, good service like that anymore.

so, if all goes according to plan, this time next week, i'll be the proud owner of a 2019 bx2380, fel with QA bucket with 3rd function, 60"mmm, r4 tires.
absolutely am STOKED. this has been almost a year long process, from the time i 1st started thinking about a new tractor, until now. can't wait.

Congratulations!!!!! Looks like you have a great LOCAL dealer that wants your business and wants you happy after the deal. He probably knows his competitors pricing and knows you'll be even more satisfied with his offer. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool2:

/ finally made my decision #6  
Good for you;I had a similar experience when I purchased my first Kubota;now two new tractors and $10,000 worth of implements later I am still happy with my local Kubota dealer.

/ finally made my decision #7  
Either way, no bad choice there. The Massey GC is a very good tractor also. Just make sure you go with the dealer that treats you best.

/ finally made my decision
Either way, no bad choice there. The Massey GC is a very good tractor also. Just make sure you go with the dealer that treats you best.

absolutely, it's a very nice tractor. a friend of mine bought one a couple months ago, that's what made me look at them in the 1st place. driving, and spending time on both, i just "felt" better on the kubota, if that makes any sense. that, and my history with my previous tractor, sold me.

/ finally made my decision #10  
And in ten years the Massey will be running strong and worth as much or more, what's you're point..

:laughing::licking::laughing::laughing::2cents: