Finally decided on welding machine

/ Finally decided on welding machine
Bit the bullet and ordered a tank of C25 and some solid wire and tips today. I was wrong on the size - it is an 80cf tank. $140 and comes filled.

The stick machine at the farm I've been using has long stinger and ground leads. When I saw my first MIG machine, I wondered why they had such a short cable to the gun. Duh.

My machine still isn't connected. Too many things have gotten in the way. Right now I have the garage about 70% cleaned out. When that's done, the reward will be getting the machine wired. Plans are to locate an outlet at a handy spot in the garage with romex, then make up an SO cable extension cord. My machine is listed as drawing 19.5 amps at 240vac. Someone volunteered about 50' of 10-3 SO cord for the project, and Home Depot had the outlets and cord ends. I was surprised to see a 50A plug on the unit from the factory, but figured they may have used a 50 to insure good contact between the plug and receptacle..........................chim

/ Finally decided on welding machine #32  
Sound like you will be welding up a storm in no time. Thats great that you got that SO cord. Thats fairly expensive, tough, cord. I bought a commercial quality 10/3 extention cord and cut the ends off it and wired up the right end. I've used it a lot. The 50 amp connector is standard I believe, at least from what I've seen.

Eric