Final decisions on implements today

/ Final decisions on implements today #1  

SmokyMtnMan

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L-4610 Cab
Final decisions on implements for 4610HSTC being made today. Am putting together comments, advice from all who have posted. I think I've figured out a way to get what I need now and save for brush cutter for the spring or summer, which gives me a little more $ for now.
any thoughts on these?
1. Can you use the same frame and connections for a rear blade and a landscape rake? let's say i get a LPride 3572....could I somehow just purchase the rake and not the whole frame and rake and use it interchangeably? or is that too much trouble to do or the frames different?
2. approximately how muich do Trac-vac's cost? do they have a website?
3. approximately how much does Top and Tilt cost? and if i have two remote valves on mine, what would this be used for besides the blade? also, with a Top and Tilt, does that mean you don't need a quick connect hitch? how are they set up this way? doesn't the Top and Tilt take the place of the top link?
yes, i know, I know.....Rookies!...they're all alike.

/ Final decisions on implements today #2  
SmokyMtnMan,

1. I know that you can do this with Woods equipment. Not to sure about LandPride.

2. Sorry can't help.

3. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum - just do a search, plenty of info.

Terry

/ Final decisions on implements today #3  
<font color=blue>...Can you use the same frame and connections for a rear blade and a landscape rake? ....could I somehow just purchase the rake and not the whole frame and rake and use it interchangeably? ...or is that too much trouble to do ...</font color=blue>

First, let me qualify and say I really like most LandPride implements... somewhat pricey... but on the whole...decent quality...

Now, I don't like fiddling with implements... time is money... I want to back up, remove and replace and go to work...

With that said, I would go separate pieces...a Leinbach 3-point rake and a decent MD or HD rear blade and I think you'll end up with more bang for the almighty dollar and less fiddling around changing LP implements on a common A-frame...

Example-Last winter, I was working on my Ford 8' rear blade and the moldboard slipped off the A-frame... the whole unit is about 850 lbs.... I'm only guessing the 8' moldboard is about 400 lbs.?... Needless to say... it was a bear to put back on by myself...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Final decisions on implements today #4  
Smokey
Re: #1
You can, on some Landpride Rakes at least, order a drop down blade. It allows you to use either the rake or the blade on a moments notice. It is NOT a replacement for a boxblade but does handle light grading duties. That said, I use the rake but rarely use the blade. I use my boxblade for most grading. I assume you can retrofit the dropdown blade to the rake if you wish to purchase at a later date.

Rick

/ Final decisions on implements today #5  
SmokeyMtnMan,

1. I have a LandPride catalog and it says that the RB35 series blade is "landscape rake adaptable"

2. http://www.trac-vac.com

/ Final decisions on implements today #6  
One warning: with Landpride implements don't plan on adding options 'later'.

I purchased the Landpride Landscape rake three years ago and had the fold down blade added last month.

The current produuction blade does not fit the rake made 3 years ago.

The guys in the service department at Chappell tractor (Milford NH) said undocumented changes and the resulting parts incompatibility is a major problem with Landpride.

I am still waiting for word from Chappell on the solution.

Ed