Filter bundles

/ Filter bundles #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Curious if anyone has used these somewhat Inexpensive filter bundles. Definitely has an Ease of ordering online, comes with all the filters you want for a pm. Id be using them on older 30+ yr old Kubotas usually pm both tractors once a year sometimes skip a year so every two years max. I've used to use Napa Gold filters and run non Kubota aftermarket fluids in both for quite a few years now without apparent problems, of course I checked with manufacturer of fluids before and they are compatible and meet udt trans hydraulic fluid specs. Anyways if anyone has some experience with these filters or companies that bundle filters please let me and anyone else know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409-204010.png
    Screenshot_20230409-204010.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 76
   / Filter bundles #3  
I've been burned by aftermarket (WIX) hydraulic filters. For those that have hydrostatic transmissions, my recommendation is don't consider anything but Kubota Hydraulic and transmission filters and Super UDT2 fluid. unless you enjoy a whiny, poor performing transmission. Quality aftermarket is probably OK for all other applications.

/ Filter bundles
Well none of my tractors are hydrostatic and not trying to make this a fluid debate, I've put several thousand hrs on both used tractors I own no fluid problems with what Ive used. Just looking for a convenient one stop shop to buy all my filters reasonably priced vs spending several days stopping at a Kubota dealership, Napa, and various other stores for filters 20-30 miles away. Usually some need to be ordered anyway so I have to make several trips.

/ Filter bundles #5  
I've been burned by aftermarket (WIX) hydraulic filters. For those that have hydrostatic transmissions, my recommendation is don't consider anything but Kubota Hydraulic and transmission filters and Super UDT2 fluid. unless you enjoy a whiny, poor performing transmission. Quality aftermarket is probably OK for all other applications.
Exactly where do you think Kubota filters are manufactured?

/ Filter bundles #6  
Exactly where do you think Kubota filters are manufactured?
Hard to find much of anything these days that isn't manufactured overseas. I care more about who controls the spec they're made to.
Can't say there's never been a bad Kabota filter made, but having had to chase tranny issues only to find bad non Kabota filters were the cause, I can say I like my chances better with the OEM filters when it comes to their hydrostatic transmissions.

/ Filter bundles #7  
Hard to find much of anything these days that isn't manufactured overseas. I care more about who controls the spec they're made to.
Can't say there's never been a bad Kabota filter made, but having had to chase tranny issues only to find bad non Kabota filters were the cause, I can say I like my chances better with the OEM filters when it comes to their hydrostatic transmissions.
So you’re a dealership mechanic and every hydrotrans problem has been created by using non-oem filters?

/ Filter bundles #8  
No.... I happen to own a Kubota that had transmission problems stemming from non-OEM filters. After changing filters out to OEM, problems went away - that simple.
The poster asked what experience others had with inexpensive bundled filters.

/ Filter bundles
Well the heck with it, I'm going to purchase both complete filter bundles for 2 30+ yr old with 3k and 5k hrs respectively, l4150 and l2850 both gear driven tractors one with a hydraulic shuttle, I'll only report back with any issues or q/c problems if anyone cares.

/ Filter bundles #10  
No.... I happen to own a Kubota that had transmission problems stemming from non-OEM filters. After changing filters out to OEM, problems went away - that simple.
The poster asked what experience others had with inexpensive bundled filters.
(y) thanks