Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,321  
As if the NG industry is directly correlated with the Keystone XL pipeline??? . :poop:
You are not reachable in a logical discussion or able to differentiate between a single oil pipeline and the entire NG industry.
That's funny. Around here, they call it the OIL and gas industry. TC Energy transports oil and gas in their pipelines. I do not believe the 2 are separate but part of the same industry.

Believe me hay dude, I have read and comprehend everything you have posted. Just because none of your opinions or arguments change mine does not mean I cannot be reached.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,322  
I think the micro nukes plants sound like a way to go forward.
More modular and seem less complex and easier to maintain.
I certainly hope these will reduce nuclear waste as they state, would be a great boost to perception.

The nuclear plants were awful at marketing.

We were at the Yankee plant and they were "proud" that their containers could take an accident with a truck going 80mph. My brother asked what happened if the truck was doing 90+ and the presenter looked funny and then moved on to the next slide.

Not a warm fuzzy feeling from that :)
Localized energy production is a wonderful way to go. Jobs would be lost on power lines or large scale energy production of all kinds, but new avenues would open...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,323  
A friend of mine was a Toyota dealer mechanic. They had the hardest time figuring out why so many cars were having electrical problems right off the lot when those coatingsnfirst began being used.
We had similar issues and confusion in the shop for a bit till we found out about the soy.

Heck, I was in North Dakota in the fall. I was taking a break at the shop I was helping out at. I saw a rabbit hopping around under a piece of equipment. Then it started gnawing on the wiring for the trailer lights 🧐🧐🧐🧐

I figured that would have been a mouse, chipmunk, or rodent damage. I never once thought a rabbit was causing all the trailer lights to fail shortly after parking the equipment in the yard 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Before that moment, I would have thought someone lost their marbles if they told me rabbits were chewing all the trailer wiring. 🤣😂🤣😂

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,324  
We had similar issues and confusion in the shop for a bit till we found out about the soy.

Heck, I was in North Dakota in the fall. I was taking a break at the shop I was helping out at. I saw a rabbit hopping around under a piece of equipment. Then it started gnawing on the wiring for the trailer lights 🧐🧐🧐🧐

I figured that would have been a mouse, chipmunk, or rodent damage. I never once thought a rabbit was causing all the trailer lights to fail shortly after parking the equipment in the yard 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Before that moment, I would have thought someone lost their marbles if they told me rabbits were chewing all the trailer wiring. 🤣😂🤣😂
Ooooh you wascawwy wabbit!

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,325  
We see few oil refineries being built in the US.
News says due to regulations and greenies.

In reality, taxes on oil are at the refinery (purchase of final product), so having them in low cost countries is a smart tax avoidance move.

This is corporate, not government, unless you include all the gov people that set these rules decades ago.
Exxon just expanded a plant instead of building a new one. Now all of our WTI produced by our wells has a place to go.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,326  
Localized energy production is a wonderful way to go. Jobs would be lost on power lines or large scale energy production of all kinds, but new avenues would open...
Still need to get from the plant to the customer… it wouldn’t be the 100kV transmission lines, but there would still be lines.

I’d let the, build it on our woodlot if I could get unlimited juice for $0 forever as part of the deal! (Three phase, please!)

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,327  
The purpose of business is to make money and the government should not be intended to make money. It should function like a family on a fixed income, making decisions on how to spend that money for the benefit of the "family," now and in the future. Like an investment
I don't necessarily disagree with your analogy on business vs government but I have to argue about having a businessman's perspective into a broken and stagnant system. How we approach this is easily debated, and is, but with little integrity and no results. When you have a divided and non-functioning Congress that puts the party and their donors ahead of the people, then you need a "slap in the face" kind of personality in the executive branch that has no ties to donors or lobbyists. He didn't get rich off of a political career and didn't take a government salary when he was president. The system is geared to keep outsiders out. So they do

So with out of control, irresponsible spending and only paying back debt by raising taxes, someone has to execute a viable business plan for our country...you essentially set the stage for private enterprise to grow. Much of this is simply removing the continually mounting, often government sponsored roadblocks to the people's prosperity and self-sufficiency. The one's that don't wish to work? Well entitlements need heavy screening and abusers need their blankie taken away. Again accounting goes to the bureaucratic government administrators. Don't see much transparency here.

So the government does indeed have to make money, supporting thousands of bureaucracies, agencies and benefits. Many of them are wasteful, unnecessary, and often corrupt. A business perspective leader makes them accountable, understands efficiency and is willing to take action. A bull in a deep state china shop. maybe ...but he understood that establishment people, including his own advisors on the financial side, had their own commerce interests and not the public's. In the end he had a pretty good staff.

We are our own worst enemy and that enemy from within has been growing much faster than our economy.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,328  
Couldn't agree more. And if we remember, both the past and current administration were involved in these. I think the money that went to the average American and small businesses was needed and helped. The Child Tax credit alone showed a 2/3 decrease in childhood poverty for the period of time it was available.
In the 30s, the system for distributing money like the pandemic was established. It is designed to go through banks. In the 30s, that worked OK. Things are much more complicated now and the system to distribute has never been updated. This leaves a lack of oversight into who the money went to. I only know this from listening to a few economists discuss it on a very nonpartisan podcast. Both T...p and B...n we're well intention-ed but the out of date system is where the flaws came in.
There were many things done in the earlier part of the 20th century that also shouldn't have been done. But as far as the tax credit lifting more children out of poverty, how many were put into it by the reaction to covid? I'd bet more that the resolution has lifted out of it. I don't feel like digging on that but from what I've read in the past, more kids were put into poverty. While I think it's our duty as a country to encourage families to have more kids, it's also the parents duty to be smart about having them and the government should not be giving the credit to those not in need of it. Very few in the US are in actual poverty, not with all the resources offered as hand outs. Poor and poverty are not the same thing.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,329  
It's a perfect analogy. Whether you like solar or not, a lot of people in this country do. Because there are very, very few companies in America that make solar panels, they have to come from China. Because there are very few companies in America that make microchips, they have to come from China...

It’s just not because comparing a singular pipeline project the entire solar power industry makes ZERO sense.

Solution...

Encourage industry chains in America that make things Americans want. (Yes, yes I know, with tax money. We don't need to rehash that part of the discussion).
But we DO need to rehash that! We never address it. Some guy did. He lowered corporation taxes and other incentives to bring critical industry back. It was beginning to work. He also brought us energy independence, lowering energy prices. That’s now gone, too.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,330  

So the government does indeed have to make money, supporting thousands of bureaucracies, agencies and benefits. Many of them are wasteful, unnecessary, and often corrupt.
you forgot redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.