Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,201  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,202  
Such memes are created by people who can not balance their checkbook.

They skip over simple realities and assume a PV panel with 20 year performance warranty will be dead unusable 20 years and 1 day later. The fact is while it might have been a 240W panel and is only producing 200W, that it is still producing 200W and the only reason to replace it is to install a new higher output panel. Leave it alone, it costs nothing and is generating power.

But lets say there is now a 6 million tons/year supply of used solar panels? As Elon Musk said about used lithium batteries, "There is no richer source of raw materials." Used solar panels are about 1000 times richer in the interesting stuff than ore mined from the ground. Those darn Capitalists will step in and make a profit from used PV panels! Assuming we have any resemblance of a Capitalist Economy in 2050.
And when it comes to companies, we all know they are going to do what's the most profitable. There is a company in town here that removes vanadium from old steel to be used in a variety of products, including solar panels and batteries. It's cheaper to do this than mine for more. The company is a large employer.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,203  
And when it comes to companies, we all know they are going to do what's the most profitable. There is a company in town here that removes vanadium from old steel to be used in a variety of products, including solar panels and batteries. It's cheaper to do this than mine for more. The company is a large employer.

Wonder if they do that in China where 8 of the 10 largest solar panel suppliers in the world are located?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,204  
The ”inflation reduction act” is a JOKE.
We currently have, and have had, record inflation for 2 years and your boys latest fake attempt at reducing it is worthless
You can blame the current office all you want. The fact is, workers in America have had a 9% increase in wages but stock holder profits for fortune 500 countries since the pandemic have gone up 25-30%. It's called price gouging.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,205  
Wonder if they do that in China where 8 of the 10 largest solar panel suppliers in the world are located?
Actually the company sells vanadium to Chinese companies (not exclusively) because THERE ARE NO SOLAR PANEL FACTORIES IN AMERICA (I understand that's an exaggeration). Hence, the government encouraging more manufacturing in America. There are factories that make these kinds of products popping up all over the country.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,206  
You can blame the current office all you want. The fact is, workers in America have had a 9% increase in wages but stock holder profits for fortune 500 countries since the pandemic have gone up 25-30%. It's called price gouging.
We’re really jumping around here. I’m talking about solar panels being made in China, while you’re falsely implying the inflation reduction act is countering that. I supply a Forbes link that easily demonstrates that most solar panels come from china, refuting your claim.

We call that “deflection”.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,207  
Actually the company sells vanadium to Chinese companies (not exclusively) because THERE ARE NO SOLAR PANEL FACTORIES IN AMERICA (I understand that's an exaggeration). Hence, the government encouraging more manufacturing in America. There are factories that make these kinds of products popping up all over the country.
“encouraging”?

Yeah, well I’m encouraging my bank account to grow bigger, but that’s not going to happen. Meanwhile, we keep unboxing chinese solar panels and plopping them down on fields that used to produce food.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,208  
The government is too big when it is in the position to make such concessions.
No kidding. But do you think the people that live in that rust belt town care? No, they're just glad there is money coming into their community. Don't care if it's from the government or not. The Amazon warehouse and new facebook data facility east of columbus ohio just built 2 brand new high schools. Also moved so many people in they needed another high school and employees a lot of people. Those companies came in because the governments there worked to make it happen.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,209  
US wage growth.....so we help the bottom by hurting the 90%?

American%20earnings%20growth%202015%20-%202023%20adjusted%20for%20inflation.JPG

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,210  
I think that’s disingenuous. The paper/wood pulp companies have invested in reforestation for 50+ years.
yes, pulp wood, we saw the forest change drastically when replanted.
The mills are all closed as evidence and few loggers left.
Argue with the wall, we saw this happen all over the NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.