Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,191  
Because the effects of increased greenhouse gases are not instant, just like the potential impacts of reducing them. Original models predicted a roughly 30 year delay. It took 30 years for the hole in the ozone to start closing, but 30 years after banning CFCs, it is getting smaller.

And on the topic of the whales dying where there are wind turbines, that fake news story has been debunked. There was no evidence that wind farms had an impact on the whales. There is evidence that sonar probing methods, which are used for wind turbine sites AND off shore oil drilling both may have an impact.
Keep thinking that.

7th dead whale in 39 days.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,192  
Both wind, solar and pipelines contribute jobs and energy assistance to the country. I have no problem with any of them.
I just don’t want one (solar/wind) being heavily taxpayer subsidized over the other AND solar & wind being portrayed as ”green” when it isn’t.

Government once again picks winners and losers. That’s NOT in their lane. The free markets get enough regulation from government.
The reason the government can even have an impact on the "not so free market" is because of influence from all the companies lobbying for the rules to be changed in their favor. Coal and oil corporations have been reaping the benefits of the "free market" for years. The majority of negative press on nuclear over the last 30 years was funded by the Kock brothers.
Wind and solar are not getting anything over NG. They are over coal. ***** and ***** have both signed more drilling leases, especially on public lands than ***** or Bush. It's been an issue environmentalists have had with both of them.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,193  
So I don’t know what you’re trying to imply here, but I’d suggest you never again implicate me for using illegal labor as its slanderous and I do have a business to run and have customers who may read this website.

Or what their sunshine? Going to keyboard me into submission?

Wasn’t implicating you or your business practices in anything big shot.

Just that we have a pretty significant influx problem that effects certain areas of the country more than others.

Pipeline work employees a large amount of illegals at least in border states and I’m sure throughout the country.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,194  
The difference heres is the government is unfairly picking which side to support and furthermore, which side to demonize.
If its just about jobs, then it shouldn't matter what side they are picking. Money going to Americans is the priority, isn't it?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,195  
If its just about jobs, then it shouldn't matter what side they are picking. Money going to Americans is the priority, isn't it?
It certainly SHOULD matter. Picking one way of making a living over the other is highly corrupt.
Especially when the side they DO pick is highly tied to China

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,196  
Keep thinking that.

7th dead whale in 39 days.

The article you posted actually proves what I said. It's the sonar technolgy used to locate good turbine sites. It's the same technology used to test for drilling sites.
Did all the people throwing out how much they care about whales now care about all the aquatic life that died during the PB oil spill?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,197  
Don't take this wrong, I am all for wind and solar, but we still have a long way to go to get wind/solar to supply our needs in Texas. I looked at the ERCOT website, your numbers are a little off. Peak demand today was at 1705 and wind/solar was supplying 33.4%, NG was supplying 45.9%. Currently with demand down, wind alone is providing 34.4%, which is good. NG is still providing the most with 44.7%. When the sun goes down and solar doesn't provide any supply, at least demand goes down to compensate for it.

View attachment 798554

View attachment 798555

View attachment 798556

Could have been the previous day instead of current day chart I was looking at. 3 charts given on that page.

Min load yesterday:
IMG_1495.JPG

Max load yesterday:
IMG_1496.JPG

Main point being a significant reduction in coal and lignite in Tx, which I’m pretty fond of. Don’t have a big issue with NG. Wish we had more Nuc. Impressed by the amount of wind and solar production, I was under the impression that it contributed less than it did.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,198  
It certainly SHOULD matter. Picking one way of making a living over the other is highly corrupt.
Especially when the side they DO pick is highly tied to China
Which is why they made the Inflation Reduction Act, investing money in American jobs so we are less tied to China.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,199  
….

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,200  
Which is why they made the Inflation Reduction Act, investing money in American jobs so we are less tied to China.
The ”inflation reduction act” is a JOKE.
We currently have, and have had, record inflation for 2 years and your boys latest fake attempt at reducing it is worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.