Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,181  
I did mention that materials are recyclable, somewhere above.

but how much energy-and what energy source will be used- to recycle those materials? And where will said recycling be performed?
And how many will ignore recycling and just throw the junk in a hole and bury it?
I don’t see everyone recycle everything now.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,182  
And you anti-Keystone guys think that pipeline meant nothing to American jobs building it? I don’t care if sand was going through it, great paying American jobs to build and maintain it were lost forever. How dose anyone KNOW we wouldn’t use any of the oil that flowed through there??? How do we know the building of it wouldn’t create new use of the oils that flow through it? Maybe the pipeline would have attracted a new oil refining business?

Stop with the BS that America would derive ”no benefit”. We would have gotten numerous benefits and possibly more.
And what about the right to choose what happens to someone land? Jobs or the right to say no to a pipeline on your own ground. If jobs are the priority, then let them put up as many solar panels and wind turbines as they want. Doesn't someone have to have a job doing that?
You cannot say its bad to tell people what to do with their land because you don't like what that thing is (solar) but as soon as its something you like, well then force it on them.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,183  
Depends .....Under the right President the USA would of figured out the need to be as much energy independent as possible, ( countries like Germany found out the hard way) having pipelines from always friendly countries like Canada gives the USA reliable efficient safer energy.
We already have the pipelines. Did you miss the comments that I made about there still being plenty of available space to move everything from Canada. Why do you think TRANS CANADA Energy bought Columbia Gas.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,184  
Isn’t lithium a “rare earth” -derived metal?

And we don’t produce any lead anymore, either.

And probably never will, since the pumps were shut off and the shafts were allowed to flood…
We still mine lead (at least for now) we just can NOT process the ore in country. Right now Doe Run mines Galena (lead ore) and ships to to china because the last primary smelter was shut down. They also mine and smelt in Peru and ship it to where ever.
Also there is only 1 lead acid battery recycling center in the US they all come here to MO to be dumped into an old mine shaft and processed underground. After processing that lead is the ONLY source for lead "created" in country.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,185  
And you anti-Keystone guys think that pipeline meant nothing to American jobs building it? I don’t care if sand was going through it, great paying American jobs to build and maintain it were lost forever. How dose anyone KNOW we wouldn’t use any of the oil that flowed through there??? How do we know the building of it wouldn’t create new use of the oils that flow through it? Maybe the pipeline would have attracted a new oil refining business?

Stop with the BS that America would derive ”no benefit”. We would have gotten numerous benefits and possibly more.
Just like the loggers in MA fought for the logging companies to keep their jobs for the future.
Once the logging companies clear cut the forests, they dumped the lumbermills and loggers and went on their merry way.
Unemployment shot up overnight and the area is still repressed decades later.

Listening to energy companies is just as bad as listening to government.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,186  
You are wrong about negative property values. 15000 acres of solar fields and a house in the middle of them. Will in fact sell less. What you don't know is that when a field is turned into a solar field. The company that installs the panels is punching through all the field tile thats used for collecting water to route away from roads and other property owners. What happens is the company thats installing is punching holes into the tile. Thus making tile useless. Water then sheds onto roads and other property causing areas to flood. There are several lawsuits ongoing for this very reason. When you have this much water not draining away it infact will negatively affect property values.

What do you suppose researchers have found that work for wind turbine companies? Do you think they are hiding anything about effecting the jet stream? OR the killing of whales. Guaranteed they know about things as well thats negative but they won't release it. As for myself and this crazy green energy and CO2 elimination. The US has had over a decade of falling CO2 levels. Yet we still see hurriancans, flooding, and so on. You know every time there is a volcanic eruption. That should send us over the edge since we are so close. Problematically it does not. This has been a fun boondoggle to watch
Because the effects of increased greenhouse gases are not instant, just like the potential impacts of reducing them. Original models predicted a roughly 30 year delay. It took 30 years for the hole in the ozone to start closing, but 30 years after banning CFCs, it is getting smaller.

And on the topic of the whales dying where there are wind turbines, that fake news story has been debunked. There was no evidence that wind farms had an impact on the whales. There is evidence that sonar probing methods, which are used for wind turbine sites AND off shore oil drilling both may have an impact.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,187  
And what about the right to choose what happens to someone land? Jobs or the right to say no to a pipeline on your own ground. If jobs are the priority, then let them put up as many solar panels and wind turbines as they want. Doesn't someone have to have a job doing that?
You cannot say its bad to tell people what to do with their land because you don't like what that thing is (solar) but as soon as its something you like, well then force it on them.

Both wind, solar and pipelines contribute jobs and energy assistance to the country. I have no problem with any of them.
I just don’t want one (solar/wind) being heavily taxpayer subsidized over the other AND solar & wind being portrayed as ”green” when it isn’t.

Government once again picks winners and losers. That’s NOT in their lane. The free markets get enough regulation from government.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,188  
Wrong. It would help the workers who would have built and maintained the pipeline
jobs HELPS the US.
So does alternative energy. Solar panels and wind turbines need installed and maintenance too.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,189  
Just like the loggers in MA fought for the logging companies to keep their jobs for the future.
Once the logging companies clear cut the forests, they dumped the lumbermills and loggers and went on their merry way.
Unemployment shot up overnight and the area is still repressed decades later.

Listening to energy companies is just as bad as listening to government.
I think that’s disingenuous. The paper/wood pulp companies have invested in reforestation for 50+ years.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,190  
So does alternative energy. Solar panels and wind turbines need installed and maintenance too.
The difference heres is the government is unfairly picking which side to support and furthermore, which side to demonize.

Status
Not open for further replies.