Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #12  
Nice video.
Friend had a low hours Ferris zero turn engine lockup , out of warranty and rather than replace the engine he traded for a new commercial Ferris zero turn with a supposedly better oil system. Supposedly mowing ditches with his old Ferris is what caused the oil not to do it’s job well enough, the dealer said if he had only mowed on flat ground the failure probably wouldn’t have happened.

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower
oil guard is a dry sump system, kinda like what race cars use. The oil is located outside the engine sump in a separate filtered container, it keeps the oil cooler reducing heat within the engine components. I was a little skeptical when I first saw it but after doing some research it looks to be the real deal.

Sorry, I didn't see the video.

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #14  
Im going to look at a used Ferris 2100 today. Its a homeowner owned unit, 2020 model year with 26 hours on it. It has a dethatching rake and a three bag fan assisted collection system. The guy is asking 8250 for it. Is this a reasonable price? I see the new 2200 lists for well above that but im not sure how much the prices have inflated since this was bought in 2020. the mower looks very clean in the pictures.

also i'll be mowing a steep bank behind my barn with this unit, should i be concerned about this mower not having the oil guard system??

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #15  
Can you get a Ferris with a Kawasaki engine? If not I would have to go diesel. After having Kawas for 30 years or so I wouldn't own another brand gas engine on a ZTR. But I would really like the Ferris suspension.

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #16  
this one has the briggs vanguard engine, its a used machine so i dont have any choice but you can get the Kawasaki engines in new ones.

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #17  
this one has the briggs vanguard engine, its a used machine so i dont have any choice but you can get the Kawasaki engines in new ones.

Briggs & Stratton makes the Ferris mowers now I believe.

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #18  
Well I went and looked at the Ferris, it’s as good as brand new, the nubbies are still on the tires, it’s literally spotless. Runs great, everything works as brand new. It comes with the “turbo pro max” three bag collection system , de thatching rake, a liquid fertilizer tank/spray bar arrangement and a John Deere branded tow behind cart. I figured that I’m looking at at least 6 k to buy a middle of the road mower and that this one was worth well more than the 8K he was asking.

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #19  
Drysalty,

I would snap that deal up - that's at least $10K new. I have had the IS2000 with 25HP Kawasaki - been a great machine - no issues for 10 years - mine's hitting 375 hours now.

/ Ferris ISX-2200 zero turn mower #20  
So you went and looked at it and didn't buy it? That mower may not be there when you go back.