Ferguson Tractor

/ Ferguson Tractor #1  

bironacad

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 3045/2010
I came across a older tractor abandoned in a corner of a building lot. Wondered if there was some experience out there with this particular type tractor and would it be worth playing with? What year it might be? Any general information on the tractor?

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 802
   / Ferguson Tractor #2  
I think the tractor would be worth playing with or restoring. They are very similar to the 8n Ford. It looks to be all there and the tire look to be in good shape. These tractor were made in the 40's and 50's. They produced about 20hp. I believe they had a four speed transmission and weigh about 3500lbs.
If you can get the model off the serial plate it would be useful because there are 6 different models of the tractor that look similar.Also if you get the serial number we can find the year of it.
They are the TE-20 TEA-20 TEF-20 TO-20 TO-30 TO-35
These tractor had the Ferguson system(3 point hitch) and there is plenty of these tractor around.

/ Ferguson Tractor #3  
On the 1 I owned (TO 20). The serial # plate was on the dash

/ Ferguson Tractor #4  
You should try yesterdays tractor for older models. Tons of info at ytmag.com

/ Ferguson Tractor #5  
I have a TO 30 30 HP tractor, that had a cracked block, which is a common problem with the Continental z-129 engine.. I put more into getting a block and having the engine completely rebuilt than the tractor was really worth, but i do not regret it , its a great tractor, and will out perform and out last them little yuppie 27hp diesels today ! Any questions feel free to ask I maybe able to point you in the right direction. Yesterdays tractors is where i got all the engine parts to rebuild it.. IF its a TE model instead of a TO beware its an English model and parts are harder to find on them models, since they are a little different ! The ID plate is right on the dash with the model..

/ Ferguson Tractor
I have a TO 30 30 HP tractor, that had a cracked block, which is a common problem with the Continental z-129 engine.. I put more into getting a block and having the engine completely rebuilt than the tractor was really worth, but i do not regret it , its a great tractor, and will out perform and out last them little yuppie 27hp diesels today ! Any questions feel free to ask I maybe able to point you in the right direction. Yesterdays tractors is where i got all the engine parts to rebuild it.. IF its a TE model instead of a TO beware its an English model and parts are harder to find on them models, since they are a little different ! The ID plate is right on the dash with the model..

I did the same with the international that is in my avatar, now gone, but I got to play with it for several years. My uncle gave it to me with a cracked head and block, my cousin rebuilt the engine for $2600 I got $500 on a trade, lol.

/ Ferguson Tractor #7  
I came across a older tractor abandoned in a corner of a building lot. Wondered if there was some experience out there with this particular type tractor and would it be worth playing with? What year it might be? Any general information on the tractor?

No experience with this particular tractor, but I do own a 1964 MF135 diesel that I've reconditioned and am now rebuilding a 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor which is similar in size and engine hp to that Ferguson you're eyeballing.

That Ferguson has money pit written all over it since it's been sitting in the weeds for who knows how long. As an example, it cost me $1600 ($800 parts, $800 labor) to get the Hercules engine in the BF completely rebuilt (it had zero compression on all 4 cylinders). By the time I finish the BF restoration, I'll have about $4500 in it (I paid $1300 for it).

Unless you really, really want a Ferguson restoration project, I'd keep looking.

/ Ferguson Tractor
You are definitely spot on. Just seems like such a waste.

/ Ferguson Tractor #9  
It could be a money pit, on the other hand it could need very little.

Your first step is to try to find out who owns it. If it is not sitting on your private property, I don't know the legality of just taking it. But if it is truly abandoned, then maybe you are ok to liberate it.

But on the other hand, it is probably a really terrible broke down piece of equipment and I think you should tell me where it is so I can't get the unsightly thing out of there.... ha ha.

/ Ferguson Tractor
Hey it is at Morningside and Finch North West corner just west of the railway line.:thumbsup: