Ferguson excessive smoking

/ Ferguson excessive smoking #21  
@pumpgay...On the photo I can see its a 3 sil inline pump but can not see if it is a Sims....what is yu tables tels you ?

/ Ferguson excessive smoking #22  
And don't forget to keep an eye on the exhaust see what color your smoke is.

This was a problem with some heater plugs brands/years of usage etc

It's worth a check to illuminate it. I'd be thinking it may well be the problem. If not maybe advance the injector pump a little as from the video not sure but thought there might be a little miss when it was ticking over.

/ Ferguson excessive smoking #23  
@pumpgay...On the photo I can see its a 3 sil inline pump but can not see if it is a Sims....what is yu tables tels you ?
Inline pumps have the output tubes in a fore-aft line along the top of the pump. CAV rotary pumps have the output tubes at the rear end of the pump in a distributor (120 degree distance) configuration. 3000s came out with both. I have a CAV and my FO-41 I & T manual shows Simms.

/ Ferguson excessive smoking #24  
Maybe it needs to work hard, let it pull as hard as it can for an hour or two.

/ Ferguson excessive smoking
It produces that blue smoke the whole time. And if you stay behind it your eyes start to burn. Not to mention that your hair will absorb the smell.
Even after two hours of hard work, eg plowing/rotavating, it will be the same.
I will take some more pictures

/ Ferguson excessive smoking #26  
Bad injectors, ignition timing is wrong maybe.

/ Ferguson excessive smoking
I'll try to figure out whether the intake hose is leaking.
What can I check at home, that doesn't require professional tools/knowledge? Thermostart? Heating plugs?

imtIMAG0919.jpgimtMAG0918.jpg

/ Ferguson excessive smoking #30  
Follow that line that's hi-lited in the photo & see where it goes.. does it go over to the injection pump??
IF it does, That would be your "thermo-start".. it allows a small amount of fuel to pass thru a "glow-plug" & create a small fire in the intake manifold for cold starting..
That PLUG might be leaking fuel into the intake instead of shutting off when not needed.. I've seen it happen quite a few times..
IF that's what it is>> just unscrew it out of the manifold & run the engine & see if the smoke cleared up.. quick & simple..