FELTeeth

/ FELTeeth #1  

thefuddr

Would it be advisible to add{bolt on} teeth to the bottom lip of a BX2200 FEL , to aide in busting out hard pan or clay? Good or bad idea guys?

/ FELTeeth #2  
<font color=blue>Good or bad idea guys?</font color=blue>

A very good idea if you want to dig into anything other than loose material.

Bird

/ FELTeeth #3  
I would not do that. I like to be able to back blade with the FEL and this would be impossible with teeth.
When faced with hard stuff, I loosen it up with the tiller which I use as ballast weight instead of the ballast box but you do have to be more careful when backing up.
Boy I miss the mirrors on my B7000,

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 All Kubota FEL, Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

/ FELTeeth #4  
I put teeth on the FEL of my BX2200 and I have made good use of them. As to the problem noted by one of the posters, the teeth on my FEL are bolted to the FEL in such a way that I can remove them quite easily.

OregonTom

/ FELTeeth #5  
Woodstock,

I have a toothbar on my TC40D and am able to backblade with the toothbar installed. Instead of using the front edge of the bucket I just use the back edge. Took some getting used to initially but recently noticed that the owner's manual suggests using the back of the bucket.

Just my 2 cents...

DaveV

DaveV

/ FELTeeth #6  
i have a detachable toothbar for my 2400. find it very useful for digging hard packed dirt or diging tree roots. if u need to back drag when it is on , use back part of bucket. if u really need to use front edge, 2 mim. and bar is off. very useful. well worth the price!!

/ FELTeeth #7  
I put the chain over the teeth and used the FEL as a cherry picker to pull the 502 chevy out of my wrecked street rod. Does anyone want to buy a teenager?

/ FELTeeth #8  
Excellent idea. It takes all of about a minute to put the tooth bar on (or off) - just two nuts (or is that too nuts...)/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Do it - you'll be amazed how much faster the work goes in hard-packed ground.

Andy in NH

/ FELTeeth #9  
Who sells them and how much?

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
freebie-maple-leaf.gif

2001 BX2200 All Kubota FEL, Tiller, box blade, blower w/elec shute, 60 mid mt deck, Ag tires.
Grey market B7000 w/Tiller (120 hrs)
1984 JD 316 after 687 hrs.

/ FELTeeth #10  
I bought mine through my local dealer. For my 60" HD bucket on my 'bota it cost me about $300. Just had to drill a 5/8" hole on each side of the bucket and that was it. I think my bar was from SMC (out in the Dakotas if I remember right). I have the replaceable tips, though the thing is built so heavy I may never need to.

Andy in NH