FEL funny predicament

/ FEL funny predicament #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
I decided to pull an unused electric pole. First used the 3pt to get it almost out of the ground. Then chained it to my FEL bucket at the top of the bucket and around the bottom of the bucket. Lifted it completely out of the ground. Then discovered the situation I had put myself into. Take a look at the picture. Can you see the upcoming problem??? ;)

Attachments

• DSC00218.JPG
    DSC00218.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 1,357
   / FEL funny predicament #2  
Just put it back in the ground.:D:D:D

I think we have all been there done that one or something similar. time to get out the chain saw.

Chris

/ FEL funny predicament #3  
if there is a tall tree neerby, lean the pole against it. then you can get your loader off it. after that just put a chain around the butt and slowly pull it out of the tree.

/ FEL funny predicament
Heheheh. I wanted to salvage the pole so didn't go for the chain saw method. I unchained it intact. :)

/ FEL funny predicament
if there is a tall tree neerby, lean the pole against it. then you can get your loader off it. after that just put a chain around the butt and slowly pull it out of the tree.

Right on the money Bill. That's exactly what I did. The wife stood on the deck with her hands on her hips, shaking her head. :D

/ FEL funny predicament #6  
Wow. That is precarious. How did you get out of it? I would just stand the pole straight up and balance it so it would have tendency to fall forward or a side. Then get behind the bucket and let the chain go to let it fall. Or I would put it back to the hole and found another way to get it out.

/ FEL funny predicament #7  
Do you mean you can't drive under the power line?;)

You might drop the end to the ground and then drive forward while turning left or right to get the butt end clear of the tractor, but setting the butt end back into the hole a foot deep or so will give you more positive control. Just be sure that top doesn't come back toward the tractor.:eek:

/ FEL funny predicament
Do you mean you can't drive under the power line?;)

You might drop the end to the ground and then drive forward while turning left or right to get the butt end clear of the tractor, but setting the butt end back into the hole a foot deep or so will give you more positive control. Just be sure that top doesn't come back toward the tractor.:eek:

I couldn't drive under the power line. that's when I realized my problem was more serious. The picture doesn't quite clarify, but the pole is slightly at an angle on the bucket with the bottom end outside the front tire. When I would sit the bottom end of the pole on the ground the opposite rear tire would instantly come off the ground. I used Bill's solution and parked the pole in a tree, unchained and then dragged the pole out of the tree by the bottom end. The wife wasn't very proud right then because her prize flower garden was under that tree. ;)

/ FEL funny predicament #9  
since everything worked out it is a laughable matter, but it could have ended differently. Glad that you "figured it out."

Mike

/ FEL funny predicament #10  
I saw this problem as soon as I read these words in your first post ( Then chained it to my FEL bucket at the top of the bucket and around the bottom of the bucket. Lifted it completely out of the ground. ) and way before I ever saw the photo.
that's when I realized my problem was more serious. The picture doesn't quite clarify, but the pole is slightly at an angle on the bucket with the bottom end outside the front tire. When I would sit the bottom end of the pole on the ground the opposite rear tire would instantly come off the ground. ;)
This is really scarry
This would make me FEEL Funny too. ever heard of ballast or counter balance?:)
If the pole had been much heavier or the rear of the tractor much lighter or some combination of both you would have instantly flipped the tractor when you did this Lifted it meaning the pole completely out of the ground.
You are one lucky dude dude.

Last edited: