Feeding Time

/ Feeding Time #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
My neighbor had a Stroke a few months ago and is not able to get out. He had been feeding his fish for some time. I went to the pond to check on a goose that was nesting and the fish came over to the edge looking for their food so I started feeding them for him. Went down there today and mother goose and babies were gone, empty nest with the egg shells that had hatched. A few of the pics of the frenzy and will post a video on Youtube.
Links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQennKrzck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh0FZUfsME

Attachments

• Feeding1.JPG
    Feeding1.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Feedng2.JPG
    Feedng2.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Feeding3.JPG
    Feeding3.JPG
    907 KB · Views: 95
  • Feedding4.JPG
    Feedding4.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Feeding5.JPG
    Feeding5.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Feeding6.JPG
    Feeding6.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Feeding7.JPG
    Feeding7.JPG
    928.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Feeding8.JPG
    Feeding8.JPG
    964.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Feeding9.JPG
    Feeding9.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
   / Feeding Time #2  
It would not surprise me if the goose and chicks became fish food also. We had a pair of mature ducks we gave to a friend to put on his pond. They did not last a week before the catfish ate them.

/ Feeding Time
It would not surprise me if the goose and chicks became fish food also. We had a pair of mature ducks we gave to a friend to put on his pond. They did not last a week before the catfish ate them.

I wondered about the babies too, but mom and seven little fuzzies are over a quarter of a mile away at another big pond, don't know how momma goose got them all through a knee high hay field. I've seen them up the road at another pond a couple of times, but they go back to the big pond.