Faulty Spray cans increasing ?

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #41  
You mean like these? They all came out of my own devices. By the way, Kirkland batteries are almost as bad, in my experience.
The expiration date on at least one of them is March 2000. After 20 years, I wouldn't complain about 'em leaking...

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #42  
Maybe it should be obvious, but what do you use that concoction for? As an aside, I'm constantly blown away by the wide range of expertise from people on this forum!
I transfer contents from gallon jug to a dispenser bottle for use much the same as I would PB Blaster and WD-40 but in greater quanities. I recently used about 30 oz freeing up a neighbor's Farmall engine seized from sitting outdoors and raining in overhead exhuast. Doesn't work any better than what's on store shelfs but save's a few bucks using what would otherwise be thrown away.
There's sometimes sprinklings of keyboard expertise but we try to have fun in spite of it.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #43  
I noticed it in Kroil cans about 10 years ago, jacked up the price and cheapened the can.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #44  
The expiration date on at least one of them is March 2000. After 20 years, I wouldn't complain about 'em leaking...
Actually it's March 2008 but still...

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #45  
Got me thinking that so far my favorite window cleaner has yet to disappoint...

Maybe it's he quality of the can?

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #46  
i do know that one should NEVER, EVER think that some how they can get to use that little bit of un- used product of the spray can. You think they are dead, and maybe you could just puncture the can and drain some of it's goodness out in a civilized manner..... Oh, no.... Disaster awaits you. :)

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #47  
   / Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #48  
There is a BIG PLUS to this spray can mess,,
WD-40 type sprays changed from non-flammable propellant to a propane type propellant.
The result is that now, WD-40 type spray cans make EXCELLENT starting aid sprays for small engines.

The next time your mower will not start, give it a blast of a NEW can of WD-40
and watch the engine start right up!!

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #49  
Well they should never changed when it worked amd made me mad. I've since found better lubercants, bought a 1 Lb propane filler and been using that to start small engines and I;m not going back now.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #50  
That probably won't work any more either. I've got a bunch of spray bottles that no longer spray or even pump. Seems they don't like most of the solvents used. I buy WD-40 by the gallon. I also buy naphtha in 5-gallon pails as a solvent for cleaning adhesives and grease/oil off parts and making lanolin spray for tools. It's hard to find a good spray bottle these days. :cry:

Edit: And I also tried those re-usable spray cans. What a joke those are. The seals just swell with any contact with paint or solvents. :poop:
The best plastic spray bottles I have found are those sold by Harbor Freight.