Faulty Spray cans increasing ?

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #31  
I have problems with the nozzles on PB Blaster breaking off. I have several cans with lubricant in them that I can not use because of this. I haven't had the same problem with WD-40.
Just drill a hole or puncture it with an awl to let the pressure out, then drill a bigger hole and drain it into a spray bottle.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #32  
You can also get new nozzles, although that doesn't help when out of pressure.

Spray nozles
New nozzles will not help when the plastic straw going into the can is broken off. There is not enough left to push the nozzle on to.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #33  
Just drill a hole or puncture it with an awl to let the pressure out, then drill a bigger hole and drain it into a spray bottle.
That is true an I have done that, but the manufacturer should make a more substantial product. As I indicated, it seems to be mostly a PB Blaster thing.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #35  
i’ve seen a whole case like that don’t who what cause it
If it was a whole case, the machine that loads the propellant into the cans must have malfunctioned or ran out of propellant or there was a batch of bad valves and the propellant leaked out. So much for QC.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #36  
PB has been mentioned a few times and I don't recall other penitrating oils mentioned. Mybe they are indeed inferior containers. I've started holding PB can upside down and look's like I might get more out before it loses pressure.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #37  
Blame covid. Old inventory.

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #38  
That probably won't work any more either. I've got a bunch of spray bottles that no longer spray or even pump. Seems they don't like most of the solvents used. I buy WD-40 by the gallon. I also buy naphtha in 5-gallon pails as a solvent for cleaning adhesives and grease/oil off parts and making lanolin spray for tools. It's hard to find a good spray bottle these days. :cry:

Edit: And I also tried those re-usable spray cans. What a joke those are. The seals just swell with any contact with paint or solvents. :poop:

/ Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #39  
I've noted another issue over the last couple years .......... spray paint cans that "leak" out all around the nozzle ......... especially the Majic brand from TSC.
I've learned to put on vinyl gloves before using now.

Last edited:
   / Faulty Spray cans increasing ? #40  
It's common,there's not much you can do to prevent it and mfgrs certainly don't want to because it make's them money. The problem started when EPA regulations forbid releasing most refrigerants. Mfgrs briefly used propane which worked well albeit not as well as earlier refrigerants. Liability and lawyers ended the pratice of using propane so they began using refrigerants which weren't banned for release. Current Rs don't have near the pressure curve as earlier Rs or propane. If the contents are used at 80f,you can pretty much use the intire contents "IF" a liitle is used,can alowed to warm back to 80f and a bit more used until it's all gone. If sprayed at 50f,twice as much propellant is used compared to 80f. I'm not going to teach a 101 course on the subject so if you want to better understand,google "temperature pressure chart". Re-pressurizing can with air hose is short lived and must be done over and over. If you are going to mess with re-pressurizing,use propane or freon. Handy-Dandy Tips,cool spray can in freezer and turn nurse tank upside down while charging so that liquid flow's and the whole can will spray without recharging and like the old days can will still spew after all the contents are gone.
I toss paint in trash, poke a hole in lubricant cans and pour them in a gallon jug with transmission fluid and diesel laced with acetone.
Maybe it should be obvious, but what do you use that concoction for? As an aside, I'm constantly blown away by the wide range of expertise from people on this forum!