Fatal chipper accident

/ Fatal chipper accident #2  
That's a big commercial chipper with a large intake chute. Much harder for something like this to happen on a homeowner model.

HOWEVER - due caution should be the word of the day.

/ Fatal chipper accident #3  
tragic, condolences

this is also why I wouldn't want to tamper with a wood chipper to modify/enlarge it's capacity, chip size etc (see other thread)

clothing and caution

/ Fatal chipper accident #4  
Man that's sad... RIP
Godspeed to his family and friends

/ Fatal chipper accident #5  
And that's why I never, ever get near a chuck and duck chipper!!!
So tragic...

/ Fatal chipper accident
And that's why I never, ever get near a chuck and duck chipper!!!
So tragic...
I believe that did have feed rolls, looking at the picture. It's an unfortunate accident.

/ Fatal chipper accident #7  
The article does not say enough about the details to make conclusions. (Other than this was a tragic, needless loss of life)

I don't need OSHA to tell me common sense of having two people work a big chipper (especially if one is so young).

Condolences to his family. I expect they will never recover from his loss.

/ Fatal chipper accident #9  
I had a good quality chipper on the back of my larger tractor in NC, and it had self feed with a speed adjust I always set on the slowest speed.
I work by myself so safety was priority one, always stepped back and to the side so nothing could snag me going by.
Last week I watched local tree company grind up big tree in my front yard. They had two guys loading the machine and it looked like supervisor was standing nearby
watching. Seemed fast, but safe. Until it's not, and that thick limb grabs you. These guys run those chippers as fast as they can.

This event must have been traumatizing for all involved.

/ Fatal chipper accident #10  
I was going to post this but Jstpssng beat me to it. My mom send me the link.
My Brush Bandit is at least that big and I usually run it alone, hence the link from my mom !
When I have someone helping safety is job one.
Climbing , bull ropes and vines are a a real hazard and elevate the dander exponentially.
The Bandit has power reverse and the " last chance" reverse cables in front of the feed rollers but that big Cat diesel would never hear you scream.