Farmall 120C

/ Farmall 120C
Many models have placed the battery under or behind the steps. It usually isn't much of an issue.
Usually a clip or one or two bolts and the step is out of the way.
Often times you will find booster connections under the hood away from the battery.

When you say this one has no high/low I'm going to assume you are referring to the on the go
reduction in speed and return to speed very similar to the old style TA's of IH if you do not have at
least a partial powershift the high/low is very handy when doing field work and even road travel.
Slowing down for hand land turns washes rocks while working, a quick down shift for more power going up a hill
then returning to a higher speed. Traveling down a road and stopping and getting going from a stop sign,
a load pulling you down on a hill.

If the creature comforts include an air suspension seat that is a big plus. I haven't bothered to check and see what all the differences are.
But depending on the hours spent working and the age of the operator the benifit of them goes up rapidly.

Yup. That’s the one I’m speaking of. Surprisingly it does have an air ride seat on the A model there.

/ Farmall 120C #12  
Thanks all. Went and sat in a New Holland powemaster. I hear they are made on the same line just painted a different color. Seems pretty well laid out. Looked at an A model Case also, it didn’t seem too shabby either. The only things that seemed like it might be a little issue is some service items on the Case. Looks like you have to take the loader off to replace some filters. Looks like you have to take the steps off if you ever need to get to the battery to jump it off etc….
So I just went through a service. Did everything. Service was not difficult. Loader can come off to make it easier. Take off the tool box and everything is pretty wide open. I don’t think it has to come off, but does make it easIdf. Loader comes off pretty easy. 3 hours for all filters and all fluids. 600 hours till the next service is super nice, tho…

/ Farmall 120C #13  
Many models have placed the battery under or behind the steps. It usually isn't much of an issue.
Usually a clip or one or two bolts and the step is out of the way.
Often times you will find booster connections under the hood away from the battery.

When you say this one has no high/low I'm going to assume you are referring to the on the go
reduction in speed and return to speed very similar to the old style TA's of IH if you do not have at
least a partial powershift the high/low is very handy when doing field work and even road travel.
Slowing down for hand land turns washes rocks while working, a quick down shift for more power going up a hill
then returning to a higher speed. Traveling down a road and stopping and getting going from a stop sign,
a load pulling you down on a hill.

If the creature comforts include an air suspension seat that is a big plus. I haven't bothered to check and see what all the differences are.
But depending on the hours spent working and the age of the operator the benifit of them goes up rapidly.
Yes they certainly do. I have become spoiled with my front suspensions, loader suspensions, cab suspensions and seat suspensions lol

/ Farmall 120C
Well. The 105A will be at my place Friday. I couldn’t justify the hefty price difference for the 120C. I do have the air ride seat though.
Anyone know the difference between the models that end in 5 and the models that end in 0 ?
I see the 105A has 112 hp, the 120C has 117hp. The 105A shows a weight of 8400# while the 120C is 8100#. I also see the models ending in 5 have about 10 gallons less. Seems like you get more with the models ending in 5… almost.

/ Farmall 120C
IMG_1714.jpg

The 105A arrived today. That Kubota was nice but it is sure nice to have a tractor I can stretch my legs in since I’m tall. The air ride seat, I can see quite the difference. No more bouncing off the bottom sounding like I was bombed when I hit a hole.

/ Farmall 120C
So I noticed my brakes do not feel the same as my Kubota I just got rid of. My Kubota felt more like car brakes. On this tractor I seem to have to push the brakes almost all the way to the floor to stop the tractor. They seem a lot more mushier. Is that common?

/ Farmall 120C #17  
So I noticed my brakes do not feel the same as my Kubota I just got rid of. My Kubota felt more like car brakes. On this tractor I seem to have to push the brakes almost all the way to the floor to stop the tractor. They seem a lot more mushier. Is that common?
They can be adjusted. But both my clutch and brake pedal were not adjusted to my liking. I did the clutch, not the brake yet. So not sure it is common? But my brake pedal must be pushed to the floor.

/ Farmall 120C
They can be adjusted. But both my clutch and brake pedal were not adjusted to my liking. I did the clutch, not the brake yet. So not sure it is common? But my brake pedal must be pushed to the floor.

I’ll look and see if I can adjust it. Thanks.

/ Farmall 120C
How are you enjoying the new machine?

So far it has been pretty nice. Quieter. The air ride seat it pretty awesome. So far I have not been able to do a lot with it other than drive around the desert that is north Texas right now and some light loader work.
The loader is quite fast!
Have to figure out this MFD. I notice when I slow down, turning, parking etc the 4wd light comes on… book does not really say much about how it works.
It’s really nice having the extra weight, power etc…
I noticed there was another pto shaft in the tool box. Could that be a 1000 pto shaft? Mine only has the 540, didn’t have the 540 E option on that particular tractor, would have liked it but.. Does the 1000 pto have to have a lever to switch it like you do the 540E?