Farmall 120C

/ Farmall 120C #1  

av8tr72

Tractor
Case 105A
I’m looking to upgrade to a bigger tractor from my 60HP Kubota. Anyone here have a newer Case 120C or something comparable in Case. I’m not against any other brands, the dealer I have used sells Case and Kubota and fairly happy with the dealer so that’s where I’m starting. I hear that the Case offers a little more in ergonomics and ride and delivers on the power over the Kubota.
Im just looking to get opinions on the Case. Im not seeing a lot of reviews on Cases
Im waiting on them to get one in to go see it so I’m searching on here. Get some real world advice.
Thanks in advance.

/ Farmall 120C #2  
I am new on here and have a 2021 75C. It is a nice tractor. I picked it up very slightly used. It is a nice tractor. Cab is very nice. Everything is laid out good.

Not much on the interwebs about Case ag tractors. If your dealer is a good case dealer I would not hesitate to buy a Case C. I don’t have a dealer within 4 hours of me. Makes the first few months of ownership a challenge as you work out any issues.

I also have a Kubota and it is 18 years old and still use it a lot. But they are just not a good value to me any more.

/ Farmall 120C #3  
I have a Case-IH MX270 and it is a great Ag tractor.
Extremely powerful and heavy built.

1658010600209.jpeg

Attachments

• 1658010413157.jpeg
    1658010413157.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
   / Farmall 120C #4  

Attachments

• 887484B7-4400-4653-AE3F-F241A51DEE98.jpeg
    887484B7-4400-4653-AE3F-F241A51DEE98.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
   / Farmall 120C #5  
I've always been partial to the red ones. The newest one on the farm is a PUMA 125 with close to 9000 hours on it.
It's been a good tractor a few electrical issues, mainly from the wiring harness from the seat to the main harness getting pinched by the seat.
That one the loader joystick and transmission controls and fuel are all on the arm rest and electronically controlled.

/ Farmall 120C #6  
I've always been partial to the red ones. The newest one on the farm is a PUMA 125 with close to 9000 hours on it.
It's been a good tractor a few electrical issues, mainly from the wiring harness from the seat to the main harness getting pinched by the seat.
That one the loader joystick and transmission controls and fuel are all on the arm rest and electronically controlled.
I feel like Case-IH tractors are built almost solely with the farmer in mind.

/ Farmall 120C
Thanks all. Went and sat in a New Holland powemaster. I hear they are made on the same line just painted a different color. Seems pretty well laid out. Looked at an A model Case also, it didn’t seem too shabby either. The only things that seemed like it might be a little issue is some service items on the Case. Looks like you have to take the loader off to replace some filters. Looks like you have to take the steps off if you ever need to get to the battery to jump it off etc….

/ Farmall 120C
So it looks like they have a 105A in stock. Who knows when they will get any others. The price for the 120C is getting way up there. Almost 22,000 more than what they can sell this for. I really like the creature comforts of the C but even a 100 or 110C will be 10-15000 more. Not sure if it’s worth all that. This one has almost the same horsepower as the 120C. Just not as fancy and no high/low. Might have to go with that I think the biggest issue is that battery behind the step up. Who thought of that .

/ Farmall 120C #10  
Many models have placed the battery under or behind the steps. It usually isn't much of an issue.
Usually a clip or one or two bolts and the step is out of the way.
Often times you will find booster connections under the hood away from the battery.

When you say this one has no high/low I'm going to assume you are referring to the on the go
reduction in speed and return to speed very similar to the old style TA's of IH if you do not have at
least a partial powershift the high/low is very handy when doing field work and even road travel.
Slowing down for hand land turns washes rocks while working, a quick down shift for more power going up a hill
then returning to a higher speed. Traveling down a road and stopping and getting going from a stop sign,
a load pulling you down on a hill.

If the creature comforts include an air suspension seat that is a big plus. I haven't bothered to check and see what all the differences are.
But depending on the hours spent working and the age of the operator the benifit of them goes up rapidly.