farm king mower build up

/ farm king mower build up #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Hi, can anyone advise whats happening, I have a farm king 5 foot finishing mower behind a CK20, after cutting grass the mower is building up crud to the point if I stop the mower, leave it sit a wile the PTO will not dru the mower its plugged up, couple of thaughts, the grass is quite thin and the soil is sandy clay so lots of dust, the mower is set quite high due to the land, Buhler who makes the mower has low lift blades available for this mower, any recomendations what to try and by the way, water will not remove the crud it needs a scraper or let dry it will peel off

Laurence

/ farm king mower build up #2  
i spray my befco finish mower with lps spray and the grass no longer sticks,i had the same problem with my high lift blades but every other time i mow i spray and it all falls off hardly ever have to hose any more

/ farm king mower build up
So, last couple days spent scraping the underside, the new blades have arrived, got some spray and if this rain stops will try it out, this dried crud is like concrete,